Elsewhere on the internet...

The League of Reason has some social media accounts! You can find us on Facebook or on Twitter for some interesting links and things.

Mobile version of forum optimized for smartphones

Forum rules

Once an issue has been solved or a satisfactory conclusion has been achieved (by discussion or an administrator decision) threads will be locked to prevent them being bumped.

Do not expect that your suggestion will be implemented regardless of how good you think your idea it is. There are many factors as to why something may be dismissed. The thread will have been locked for good reason, and your thread should serve as a reminder to others that the suggestion has already been made and implemented or dismissed.
 [ 6 posts ] 
Mobile version of forum optimized for smartphones
FaithlessThinkerUser avatarPosts: 618Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:41 am Gender: Cake

Post Mobile version of forum optimized for smartphones

So this is something I have been thinking about since I got a shiny new Android phone. I love the ability to surf the Internet on the go, and I love participating in LOR forum.

That's why I want to suggest if you the forum technical support guys (whoever you are ;) ) could create a mobile version of the forum, optimized for the screens of latest smartphones ranging from 3 to 4.5 inches.

Initially I thought it would be cool to have LOR apps for different smartphone platforms, but that will be too much work. A mobile version of the site would be much easier and more efficient, if it's possible to make one.

FTR: I tried surfing LOR full site on my smartphone. While it loads up pretty slick, the need to zoom in on every page is rather annoying. And since it's a forum, browsing to a new page happens more often than on a regular website.
It was my honest attempt to find a more pure form of God that made me realise that there was none.”
— Master_Ghost_Knight
Previously known as anon1986sing. You can call me FT. :)
Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:54 pm
FaithlessThinkerUser avatarPosts: 618Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:41 am Gender: Cake

Post Re: Mobile version of forum optimized for smartphones

I sort of quicksolved the problem by disabling "Open pages in overview*" option in the Android browser.

* Explanation text: Show overview of newly opened pages.

Now for every new page that loads, the browser automatically zooms it to a comfortable reading level.

Just letting you know.
It was my honest attempt to find a more pure form of God that made me realise that there was none.”
— Master_Ghost_Knight
Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:53 am
CosmicSporkLeague LegendUser avatarPosts: 929Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:36 pmLocation: UK Gender: Cake

Hi, yeah the idea has occurred to me before but it's only now that anyone has suggested a desire for such a feature. I'd like to implement something one day, but for now I simply don't have the time unfortunately :(
“Nothing is as frustrating as arguing with someone who knows what he's talking about.” - Sam Ewing
Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:05 pm
Your Funny UncleUser avatarPosts: 556Joined: Sat May 22, 2010 11:38 amLocation: UK Gender: Male

I've considered getting the tapatalk app in the past. It seems quite highly rated. Maybe you could set the forum up to be compatible with that?
“I don't believe in an afterlife, so I don't have to spend my whole life fearing hell, or fearing heaven even more. For whatever the tortures of hell, I think the boredom of heaven would be even worse.” - Isaac Asimov
Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:29 pm

Your Funny Uncle wrote:I've considered getting the tapatalk app in the past. It seems quite highly rated. Maybe you could set the forum up to be compatible with that?

That app seems to have some bad reviews since the latest version.
— Master_Ghost_Knight
Tue Dec 14, 2010 3:18 pm
havanacatBannedUser avatarPosts: 138Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2011 7:17 am Gender: Female

I have an android, thanx 4 tips
Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:40 am
 [ 6 posts ] 
Return to Issues & Suggestions