Elsewhere on the internet...

The League of Reason has some social media accounts! You can find us on Facebook or on Twitter for some interesting links and things.

Jason101 aka Jason Burn's paper discussion thread 2: Part 1

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  Page 5 of 8
 [ 150 posts ] 
Jason101 aka Jason Burn's paper discussion thread 2: Part 1
collidingmembranesUser avatarPosts: 15Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:31 pm Gender: Male

Post Re: Jason101 aka Jason Burn's paper discussion thread 2: Par

If you wish to sing along

Listen up y'all this is jay on the street
I gotta go I gotta go I gotta leave youtube now
gotta go gotta go
You just know, I gotta go
Last edited by collidingmembranes on Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:21 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:46 pm
VivreUser avatarPosts: 351Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:05 pmLocation: dungeon of despair Gender: Female

thx for the service ;-) collidingmembranes

but could you place it into show more tags please ?

thanks ~ Image
Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:01 pm
FrengerBloggerUser avatarPosts: 831Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:50 pmLocation: Derby, UK Gender: Male

He's took the rap down!

Please tell me someone mirrored it. I HAVE to see it!
Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:51 am
australopithecusLime TordUser avatarPosts: 4347Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:27 pmLocation: Kernow Gender: Time Lord

It's your lucky day!

Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:57 am
FrengerBloggerUser avatarPosts: 831Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:50 pmLocation: Derby, UK Gender: Male

Every so often, something happens in your life which is SO perfect, you think there just has to be a god, and he's looking over you.

This is one of those times.

Thank you Jason, you have completed my life.
Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:38 am
HamsterPosts: 83Joined: Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:54 pmLocation: wisconsin Gender: Male

There are just no words . :shock:
Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:52 pm
LaurensSocial EditorUser avatarPosts: 2995Joined: Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:24 pmLocation: Norwich UK Gender: Male

Yes Jason I could beat you in a rap battle;

Like the League of Reason on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter

Shameless Self-Promotion
Listen to my music on Soundcloud
Like my music page on Facebook
Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:34 am
CaptainAwesomeoh13User avatarPosts: 7Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:04 pm Gender: Time Lord

collidingmembranes wrote:If you wish to sing along

Listen up y'all this is jay on the street
I gotta go I gotta go I gotta leave youtube now
gotta go gotta go
You just know, I gotta go

Wow! 10 Awesomeoh points for you for getting that all down for us! When will it be available on iTunes? :lol:
Fri Jun 14, 2013 2:35 am
CaptainAwesomeoh13User avatarPosts: 7Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:04 pm Gender: Time Lord

Post Jason Burns Threatens Suicide?

I got this reply to one of my comments on Jay's channel from YouTuber TrueChristianish: "The user: AtheismExamined messaged me this: "Jay's going to commit suicide now hope you are happy, are you going to pay for his funeral" He then sent me a further message: "If he dies the blood is on your hands, Jason is sick you dumb ass" Can anybody substantiate this? The comment has since been removed. I took a screen shot of it.
Fri Jun 14, 2013 2:44 am
Dragan GlasContributorUser avatarPosts: 3210Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:55 amLocation: Ireland Gender: Male

Post Re: Jason Burns Threatens Suicide?

Greetings,

This is one of the reasons why YouTube should have a psychological team to monitor users who are unstable - like the late manic depressive user who killed a girl and then committed suicide.

I still don't know if there's a way to contact YouTube in these sort of circumstances.

Jason is not someone who should be encouraged.

Kindest regards,

James
"The Word of God is the Creation we behold and it is in this Word, which no human invention can counterfeit or alter, that God speaketh universally to man."
The Age Of Reason
Fri Jun 14, 2013 4:10 am
WalkingFishUser avatarPosts: 36Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:24 pm Gender: Male

This is what ignorance looks like when it reaches critical mass. Good job, whoever runs the "Jason Burns" channel.
http://www.youtube.com/ChristopherHitchslap
Fri Jun 14, 2013 5:39 am
ProlescumWebhamsterUser avatarPosts: 5009Joined: Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:41 pmLocation: Peptone-upon-Sores

...so a third party makes a claim that fits our notions of Jason's temperament and we just believe it, do we?

Also, giant text is not necessary. This is not a toilet wall.
if constructive debate is allowed to progress, better ideas will ultimately supplant worse ideas.

Comment is free, but facts are sacred
Fri Jun 14, 2013 7:35 am
australopithecusLime TordUser avatarPosts: 4347Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:27 pmLocation: Kernow Gender: Time Lord

Obvious troll, and all that.
Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:25 am
InfernoContributorUser avatarPosts: 2298Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:36 pmLocation: Vienna, Austria Gender: Cake

Engelbert and I had a private discussion about that. For the record, I agree with DraganGlas. Jason's mentally unstable and should not be mocked nor encouraged, but instead told in quite frank terms that he should seek help.
"Sometimes people don't want to hear the truth because they don't want their illusions destroyed." ― Friedrich Nietzsche

"I shall achieve my objectives through the power... of Science!" --LessWrong
Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:44 am

Only Jason knows whether this is true or not, I personally don't feel in anyway qualified (even less so considering I've seen maybe 3 of his videos) to make a judgement on that, especially since as Prole points out, the info came from a third party.

On all cases like this though, it's probably best to err on the side of caution. Personally, I think drawing a line under all of this the best solution, for reasons additional to this. It's clearly not going anywhere, and actually never was.

Also Inferno, I think AronRa did say, in all sincerity, that Jason needed to seek assistance. I'm not sure how it was taken though, I assume it was said to be ad hominem or simply immature.
Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:04 am
InfernoContributorUser avatarPosts: 2298Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:36 pmLocation: Vienna, Austria Gender: Cake

Frenger wrote:Also Inferno, I think AronRa did say, in all sincerity, that Jason needed to seek assistance. I'm not sure how it was taken though, I assume it was said to be ad hominem or simply immature.

Absolutely, I agree. I was talking about those needlessly mocking him. I also mentioned to Engelbert that I thought Aron fulfilled any responsibilities he might have.
"Sometimes people don't want to hear the truth because they don't want their illusions destroyed." ― Friedrich Nietzsche

"I shall achieve my objectives through the power... of Science!" --LessWrong
Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:27 am
DrHatPosts: 15Joined: Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:28 pm Gender: Cake

Have you ever noticed that Jason never seems talks to anyone directly, never answers directly, never seems to respond to anything anyone has said, never engages any actual debating - Added to this, he constantly talks as if he is talking to an audience (talking to imaginary people), he talks as if he is on a talk-show (In an imaginary place, with a certain level of fame), he talks as if he had a large following of people who watches him religiously (pun intended). (An imaginary following), who incidentally take leave to sometimes advice him about how everyone who disagrees with him, or calls him out on things, are all meanies. In some cases, even to the extent that he, Jason, has said he needed to go "into hiding" or "exile", due to threats from "famous atheists" (imaginary martyrdom).

He talks as if he fancies himself 'at the zoo' and as if he wants recognition so badly that he is making it up at this point, describing his ideal scenarios of what he would like people, who are atheist, to do - how they scamper, how they hide, duck and cover - and how they do so at the complete mercy of his unfathomable intellect and wisdom. His spoken prowess, ah it seems to please him mightily!
Happily he will carry on with this, with all the gay abandon of a deer; skipping through a lush forested area, listening to the chirping birds and rustling of the trees, and nearby is a little creek which slurps gently across the scenery, oh how playful and joyful it all seems to be!

My point is (sorry for those of you who were enjoying yourselves in that imaginary forest), I am not in any sense an expert on the subject..I am a complete laymen in every important respect and what I am about to say, should be considered in that context. It does, however, seem to me rather curious that Jason behaves precisely as you would expect someone to do, if they had no connection to reality at all..not in the usual religious sense, but in a purely medical terms. He genuinely comes across to me, as someone who is not at all sane and is blissfully unaware of it.
He seems to me, as someone who is speaking into thin air and imagines all the dramatic controversies, the interviews, the hard debates, the sunglass-wearing escapes from the press, the bothered lifestyle of a martyred celebrity who dared to defy the masses! Tough talking! Fast moving! How exciting!

Okay, sure, he delivered some kind of...writing, I suppose....But ladies & gentlemen..I've read part of this "copy paste" extravaganza and I ask, in pure honesty, hand on heart and all that; who but a complete dumbfounded cretin; would even consider the first principle of a properly written Blog-post, to be applied to what Jason has produced? Let alone anything academic.
I've had my fair share of time in academic life, and I far from consider myself any kind of authority on how to write a proper academic piece...I do know what complete gibberish, carelessness and worthless writings look like. Jason's "paper" ? It is precisely that, it is an utter disaster that wouldn't even pass a freestyle essay at an entry-level in High-school. Which is clearly the response most people here have had.

Now consider what I suggested earlier about Jason..about his mental health..He'd be pretending that the supposed "outrage" you lot are doing (because it is, in fact, a piece of shit), as the "Atheist community recoiling angrily at the profoundness of his magnificent work", even going as far as backing up this with saying "It will take 2-3 years before these poor atheist bastards can even get their heads around this and respond to it, marvellous! Victory is mine!" ..okay admittedly that is slightly exaggerated, but surely you get the point? And isn't this exactly what he is doing?

Nothing you say to him one way or the other, will make any difference..none whatsoever.

This is my view anyway...
Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:13 am
VivreUser avatarPosts: 351Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:05 pmLocation: dungeon of despair Gender: Female

Due to the severe topic I'd like to point to Jasons latest longer video wherin he has a rather unusual calm air and aims to declare himself. From that I've picked out some impressions.

source vid : 5:30 - 7:30, 9-10, 17ff
- up or down (happy or low), can't stay alone, needs to be busy to be fine,
- He describes that he already goes down on his own, but confronting himself with the atheists pushes it further down. So to stay away from them would be good. Thus he won't be coming closer than to post the follow ups of his paper.
- In the endsequence he addresses to fall from his inner peace when dealing with atheists and he wished for to only get friendly hellos by them to give him support on his preachings.

As of lately he had been in a hangout with theists and they all hearten him. I had the impression they have kind of taken him under their wings. (maybe it helps a while)

Well, much could be said or made from it but I don't think Jason is in a real danger, as he has his valves to cope the stress.

And under the bottom line I see it as Frenger does
Frenger wrote:It's clearly not going anywhere, and actually never was.
Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:00 pm
HamsterPosts: 83Joined: Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:54 pmLocation: wisconsin Gender: Male

@DrHat

I think very few people who have watched Jason for long on youtube would disagree that he has issues.
I dont know the English laws on involuntary commital for mental health evaluations and he does not seem to be a risk to other people. His family (or whoever he lives with) do not seem to have much control with him.

Leaving him alone does not seem to slow him down, and in fact seems to encourage him. Challange him directly and he seems to back down. He seems to go through a manic-depressive cycle although they dont use that term anymore.

So what to do with him ?

He may be the worlds greatest troll like Andy at Conservapedia. (andy cant be real can he ? :( )
Fri Jun 14, 2013 2:50 pm
AronRaContributorUser avatarPosts: 565Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:47 pm

Why are you guys talking as if Jason has no grasp of reality? You mean he didn't really write to his prime minister, and my president, in order to get both of these world powers to defend his YouTube ministry against me and DPR Jones? I suppose you expect me to believe that he didn't really call Sam Harris on the phone to complain about me either, right?
"Faith means not wanting to know what is true." - Friedrich Nietzsche.
"Faith is believing what you know ain't so." - Mark Twain
Fri Jun 14, 2013 4:36 pm
PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  Page 5 of 8
 [ 150 posts ] 
Return to Religion & Irreligion