Elsewhere on the internet...

The League of Reason has some social media accounts! You can find us on Facebook or on Twitter for some interesting links and things.

Ray Comfort is 180 degrees from reality

[ 20 posts ] 
Ray Comfort is 180 degrees from reality
Blog of ReasonHelperUser avatarPosts: 240Joined: Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:28 pmLocation: League of Reason

Post Ray Comfort is 180 degrees from reality

Sat Oct 01, 2011 12:57 am
theyounghistorian77ContributorUser avatarPosts: 726Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:43 amLocation: United Kingdom Gender: Male

Re: Ray Comfort is 180 degrees from reality

OMG i am laughing so hard right now. In the critique of Ray Comfort, I gave out the idea he got his laughable trash from Rosenberg's 30 points, Shirer and the Trevor-Roper translations of the Table talks which i duly debunked.

Well he's just written a blog post in which he uses guess what?

That's right Rosenberg's 30 points (although he misattributes them to Hitler), Shirer and the Table talks. How on earth did i manage to predict that? LOL :lol: :lol:

But just to hammer my point home a bit more, im going to make an example of that "sick brains" quote he gleaned off the garbled Trevor-Roper translation. For this is the actual quote!

"Das Christentum (lehrt 'die Verwandlung,' das) ist das Tollste, was je ein Menschengehirn in seinem Wahn hervorgebracht hat, eine verhöhnung von allem Göttlichen..."

I think the garbling here by Trevor-Roper is quite self evident. Now as far as i can make it out, Hitler here in this sentence was criticising Christians/Christianity that specifically was teaching the doctrine of transubstantiation, which by the way, the protestant reformers like Luther did also. Does this make Luther not a Christian now? Of course not!

So Ray Comfort fails once again, by using arguments that i seem to have predicted he would. Sorry Ray, Hitler is still a Christian, and invoking the Nazis is still not the best of arguments to use against abortion.

What a laugh!!
"Politics is weird, and creepy, and now I know lacks even the loosest attachment to anything like reality." - Shep Smith
Last edited by theyounghistorian77 on Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:33 am
Thomas DoubtingUser avatarPosts: 443Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:02 pmLocation: 6th Circle of Hell Gender: Tree

Post Re: Ray Comfort is 180 degrees from reality

Hitler said that "Christianity teaches the transubstantiation, which is the most insane thing that the human brain ever generated in it's delusion, the mockery of everything divine".
Has nothing to do with Hitler not being a Christian.. much less showing any signs of atheism.

However i checked his blog, all you need to know about his motif is written in few words even i can understand.

stoned immaculate wrote:More Hitler? What are you doing?

JimDiver wrote:It's called marketing.
ORLY? Not buying that, try again.
Want to convert me? Give me your best shot!
Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:59 am
theyounghistorian77ContributorUser avatarPosts: 726Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:43 amLocation: United Kingdom Gender: Male

Thomas Doubting wrote:Hitler said that "Christianity teaches the transubstantiation, which is the most insane thing that the human brain ever generated in it's delusion, the mockery of everything divine".
Has nothing to do with Hitler not being a Christian.. much less showing any signs of atheism.

Yes thanks for that, Perhaps i should have elaborated a little bit. To me the discrepancy between the Trevor-Roper translation, and what the German has to say, is as thus:

To Hitler, It wasn't Christianity itself that was the invention of the mad mind [if one wishes to put it that way] like in the way Trevor-Roper makes it out to be but rather Christianity [although the way Hitler uses the word here could infer that he simply might have meant certain "Christians". Arguably one could say the difference is subtle, but i think it's still self evident enough] specificaly that taught transubstantiation [from inference] that was the invention of the mad mind. I guess one can also read into the last part of this sentence wherby he labelled it in your translation, "the mockery of everything divine" as suggesting he was criticising transubstantiation specifically, and not Christianity in general.
"Politics is weird, and creepy, and now I know lacks even the loosest attachment to anything like reality." - Shep Smith
Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:41 am
Thomas DoubtingUser avatarPosts: 443Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:02 pmLocation: 6th Circle of Hell Gender: Tree

That is all the quote says..like you said he is clearly criticising the teaching of the transubstantiation, eating the body (bread) of Christ and drinking his blood (wine) is the mockery of what he believed is divine..
Of course you can interpret a lot into what he said, especially if you made it a profession to make up shit about made up shit like Ray Comfort and his ilk are doing to suck money out of the gullible ones' pockets and force their idiocy down their throats.
Ridiculous on one side.. truly sad on the other because they find enough people who buy their crap in both metaphorical and literal ways.
Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:25 am

Do you think it'll be wise for me to go over there and say his shit has been debunked?
Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:25 pm
nasher168League LegendUser avatarPosts: 2518Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:34 pmLocation: Derby, UK Gender: Male

Hell yeah I do :P Because it has. And perhaps, just maybe it'll draw his dark gaze and minions upon this forum. And then we will have fun... :twisted:
A great Charity
Apologies for my absence of late.
Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:21 pm

nasher168 wrote:Hell yeah I do :P Because it has. And perhaps, just maybe it'll draw his dark gaze and minions upon this forum. And then we will have fun... :twisted:

I have just submitted a comment response on his Blog post. And if you want, you can do so too. Ladies and Gentlemen. Let the games begin :twisted:
Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:04 pm

Haha although it sounds like a lot of spam.. and i am sure most of Ray's minions are immune to reason.. it would be fun to watch them spew their verbal diarrhea all over the place and getting their butts handed to them :lol:
Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:45 am

Thomas Doubting wrote:Haha although it sounds like a lot of spam.. and i am sure most of Ray's minions are immune to reason.. it would be fun to watch them spew their verbal diarrhea all over the place and getting their butts handed to them :lol:

I would love it for Ray himself to give my critique of his a fair treatment, although given the TBS/WLC saga, i imagine it's typical of a creationist to not be able to do so. But still it would be fun i think to pressure him into at least doing doing something about what i said.
Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:09 am

I can't see your post.. but then again i won't be able to see mine either..

"Your comment must be approved by the site admins before it will appear publicly."

I seriously doubt they will approve what i wrote :lol:
Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:19 am

Thomas Doubting wrote:I can't see your post.. but then again i won't be able to see mine either..

"Your comment must be approved by the site admins before it will appear publicly."

I seriously doubt they will approve what i wrote :lol:

Ctrl+f "tyh77". You should see it.
Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:32 am

Well lets see if he shows up, would be great even though i wouldn't expect him to concede even the tiniest point.. much less change his behavior. His ignorance shield already withstood many challenges :lol: But might be a good laugh.
Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:52 am
nasher168League LegendUser avatarPosts: 2518Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:34 pmLocation: Derby, UK Gender: Male

Don't expect anything from Comfort himself... I doubt he even reads the comments. But some of his flock might come this way and stir things up a bit.
A great Charity
Apologies for my absence of late.
Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:59 am

You could be right nasher, and even if he somehow decides to come in here, like Thomas, i dont think Ray would "concede even the tiniest point.. much less change his behavior."

But like to make another mention too, Seeing as so much false weight is being put on the 30 points of Rosenberg. As Steigmann-Gall shows, both in his "Holy Reich" and in this article, the Nazis like Rosenberg that did profess a "sort of paganism", did so from a decidedly Protestant perspective. And additionally, that the sort of ideas they came out with, had a long history in German religious circles, even Christian ones, namely the dropping the Old Testament and seeing Jesus not as a Jew but as an outsider standing against the Jews.

"Jesus is a linchpin of our history ... the God of the Europeans" - Rosenberg, quoted from the article and in Steigmann-Gall, "Op.Cit", p86.

And even in the Trevor-Roper "table-talks", Hitler reveals himself not to like the idea of re-establishing German paganism:

"It seems to me that nothing would be more foolish than to re-establish the worship of Wotan. Our old mythology had ceased to be viable when Christianity implanted itself"

nor does he like the thought of atheism:

"We don't want to educate anyone in atheism"

"An uneducated man, on the other hand, runs the risk of going over to atheism (which is a return to the state of the animal)"

Perhaps for thought, we should all be reminded of this interesting gem from Mein Kampf:

"The characteristic thing about these people ["deutschvà¶lkisch wandering scholars" as Hitler calls them, meaning those who adhered to a và¶lkisch ideology but who were also pagan in their outlook.] is that they rave about old Germanic heroism, about dim prehistory, stone axes, spear and shield, but in reality are the greatest cowards that can be imagined. For the same people who brandish scholarly imitations of old German tin swords, and wear a dressed bearskin with bull's horns over their heads, preach for the present nothing but struggle with spiritual weapons, and run away as fast as they can from every Communist blackjack." - Hitler, "Mein Kampf, Vol 1 - Chapter 12."

So i still do not see Hitler supporting Paganism, much less atheism!
Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:08 am

Well they could respond to historian for a start.. or to my comments, would love to see that.
Even better if they move their butts here to read historian's dissection of Ray's bullshit vid and comment on that.

theyounghistorian77 wrote:*snip*
So i still do not see Hitler supporting Paganism, much less atheism!

No.. he was propagating his version of Christianity.. sadly everybody seems to be aware of that including the Germans.. only the loudest ones like Bananaman and his kind either display a horrific amount of ignorance or blatant dishonesty.
Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:27 am

Well, i think i have all his areas covered for now. Let's just see what happens next.
Fri Oct 14, 2011 5:27 am
IBSpifyUser avatarPosts: 456Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:06 am Gender: Pinecone

I think what disturbed me most about Ray's video is how he opens up with him trying to convince people that if they saw Hitler it would be permissible to kill him to save millions of lives, and then he compares abortion to the holocaust. While he never directly states the connection that would make abortion doctors Hitler, and this is the type of rhetoric that gets abortion doctors killed. I don't know if he's just too dumb to understand what he's saying or if he simply doesn't care.
Contrary to popular belief, full-immersion holographic sex will not destroy society.

Full-immersion holographic sex achievement points will destroy society
Fri Oct 14, 2011 5:21 pm
Anachronous RexLeague LegendUser avatarPosts: 2008Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:07 pmLocation: Kansas City, MO Gender: Male

I'm glad you did this Younghistorian. I simply don't have the patience for this sort of work.
Our prefrontal lobes are too small. Much too small. That's a problem of the birth canal, I'm very sorry to say for those that like their birth canals... tight.
-C. Hitchens.
Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:03 pm
doctormoUser avatarPosts: 11Joined: Tue Aug 31, 2010 1:18 pmLocation: Boston, MA Gender: Tree

Ray's a card ain't he. I only wish he would be struck rather hard with his name sake to perhaps add some light to that dim half a watt incandescent he has instead of a brain.

I normally wouldn't be so personally insulting, but I'm personally insulted by the horrific and malicious dialect being spread.
Sat Nov 05, 2011 9:54 am
 [ 20 posts ] 
Return to Blog of Reason