Page 75 of 75

Re: Is evolution a fact?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 11:53 pm
by itsdemtitans
he_who_is_nobody wrote:Than he can take his new ban and show all his Christian friends how persecuted he was knowing full well that none of them will check and see his behavior at this evil atheist website.


Well speaking of our evil conspiracy here at LoR, who's brining the sheep to our Monthly Voodoo sacrifice? :twisted:

Re: Is evolution a fact?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 12:03 am
by Dustnite
thenexttodie wrote:What are you? His Mom?


No, but I'll be your Daddy ;)

You could just admit that you're being intentionally obtuse, but that would require a degree of intellectual honesty that I don't believe you possess...

Re: Is evolution a fact?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:19 am
by Visaki
itsdemtitans wrote: Well speaking of our evil conspiracy here at LoR, who's brining the sheep to our Monthly Voodoo sacrifice? :twisted:

I think Aron has a candidate for that job on the other thread. 8-)

Re: Is evolution a fact?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:10 pm
by thenexttodie
itsdemtitans wrote:
thenexttodie wrote:
I don't understand what this has to do with what we were talking about.


It was tying into the fact that throughout the fossil record we see the hind limbs shrinking smaller and smaller and there are still internal vestiges today.

Yes, that's the study I'm referring to, and it's purpose was not to show that whales had legs long ago. That was established a while ago with fossil evidence and the vestigial ball and socket joints we still see in some living whales. The purpose of the study was to figure out why these animals, which we still see grow limb buds for a few weeks before they stop and get reabsorbed, prevent limb formation in the first place and what biochemical pathways cause this.
See below diagram and quote from the paper. .


Do whales have hands?

Re: Is evolution a fact?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:20 pm
by SpecialFrog
thenexttodie wrote:Do whales have hands?

You keep asking the same question even though it has been answered. Are you trying to run Scientology processes on us?

Re: Is evolution a fact?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:38 pm
by thenexttodie
thenexttodie wrote:Do whales have hands?

SpecialFrog wrote:You keep asking the same question even though it has been answered. Are you trying to run Scientology processes on us?
LOL ok whatever dude.

Re: Is evolution a fact?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 12:36 am
by Steelmage99
thenexttodie wrote:
Do whales have hands?



OK. I want to play the game.

Let's say that I say; "No. Whales do not have hands". Now what?

Re: Is evolution a fact?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 4:22 am
by itsdemtitans
thenexttodie wrote:Do whales have hands?


Not in the same sense that humans do, as in it does not function as a hand. But then again...

he_who_is_nobody wrote:I see phalanges, metacarpals, carpals, a radius, and an ulna. All those structures make up your hand and wrist. Could you please explain why a whale would have all those same features in their fin? That is an amazing coincidence, do you not agree?

Re: Is evolution a fact?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 9:33 pm
by thenexttodie
thenexttodie wrote:Do whales have hands?


itsdemtitans wrote:Not in the same sense that humans do, as in it does not function as a hand. But then again...


he_who_is_nobody wrote:I see phalanges, metacarpals, carpals, a radius, and an ulna. All those structures make up your hand and wrist. Could you please explain why a whale would have all those same features in their fin? That is an amazing coincidence, do you not agree?


And you believe that the mother of all Mammals was a small rodent-like creature that had hands?

Re: Is evolution a fact?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:44 pm
by itsdemtitans
thenexttodie wrote:
thenexttodie wrote:Do whales have hands?


itsdemtitans wrote:Not in the same sense that humans do, as in it does not function as a hand. But then again...


he_who_is_nobody wrote:I see phalanges, metacarpals, carpals, a radius, and an ulna. All those structures make up your hand and wrist. Could you please explain why a whale would have all those same features in their fin? That is an amazing coincidence, do you not agree?


And you believe that the mother of all Mammals was a small rodent-like creature that had hands?


Not hands as in human hands, but a bone structure homologous to human hands. Unless that's how you're defining hand.

But yes, given this trait is fairly well conserved among mammals, the common ancestor of mammals would have had this structure.

Are you trying to make a particular point here?

Re: Is evolution a fact?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 1:54 pm
by thenexttodie
Something like this?

Image

Re: Is evolution a fact?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 3:35 pm
by itsdemtitans
thenexttodie wrote:Something like this?

Image


*sigh*

I can't say what it looked like, thenexttodie. Maybe that rendering is accurate, maybe not. Regardless if it's appearence, it's wrist and paw would have had a bone strucutre homologs to all mammals as we are all related through said ancestor.

I ask again, do you have a particular point here?

Re: Is evolution a fact?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 11:06 pm
by Dustnite
thenexttodie wrote:Something like this?

Image


But if we came from mice, how come Tom and Jerry cartoons still exist!

Re: Is evolution a fact?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 5:10 am
by he_who_is_nobody
itsdemtitans wrote:
thenexttodie wrote:Something like this?

Image


*sigh*

I can't say what it looked like, thenexttodie. Maybe that rendering is accurate, maybe not. Regardless if it's appearence, it's wrist and paw would have had a bone strucutre homologs to all mammals as we are all related through said ancestor.

I ask again, do you have a particular point here?


Thenexttodie is simply JAQing off at this point. Furthermore, that image could not be the "mother of all mammals" because the caption in the image makes it clear it is talking about placental mammals only.