Elsewhere on the internet...

The League of Reason has some social media accounts! You can find us on Facebook or on Twitter for some interesting links and things.

I have a few Questions about arguing with idiots

Post new topic Reply to topic  Page 1 of 1
 [ 11 posts ] 
I have a few Questions about arguing with idiots
Author Message
Blog of ReasonHelperUser avatarPosts: 240Joined: Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:28 pmLocation: League of Reason

Post I have a few Questions about arguing with idiots

Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:11 am
ProlescumWebhamsterUser avatarPosts: 5007Joined: Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:41 pmLocation: Peptone-upon-Sores

Post Re: I have a few Questions about arguing with idiots

I can't help you to argue effectively against fools, but I would suggest work to proof-read your posts. Random capitalisation, missing (or unnecessary) punctuation, and spelling mistakes (to name a few) belie your other talents, formidable as they are, and it somewhat reduces the impact of your argument (especially when your rebuttals can stretch across pages - you know what I'm talking about ;) ). I should add that the content is always spot-on.

I'm really not trying to be insulting, I respect very much how you conduct yourself, but I think it matters if you want to be taken seriously.
if constructive debate is allowed to progress, better ideas will ultimately supplant worse ideas.

Comment is free, but facts are sacred
Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:53 am
lrkunUser avatarPosts: 3831Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:37 pmLocation: R. Gender: Tree

Post Re: I have a few Questions about arguing with idiots

Issue: Whether one should argue with idiots.

Ans: You shouldn't argue with idiots since they are understood as fools, half-wits; imbeciles; dolts, dunces, numskulls. And a person of the lowest order in a former classification of mental retardation, having a mental age of less than three years old and an intelligence quotient under 25. And incapable of logic and reason as they chose to rationalize their view and as consequence will never change their minds. And therefore incapable of understanding what you mean.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/idiot
Unsupport unthink.
Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:45 pm
televatorUser avatarPosts: 1252Joined: Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:02 amLocation: In hell, rocking out with Satan! Gender: Cake

Post Re: I have a few Questions about arguing with idiots

Younghistorian, have you seen the Tortucan trap video? It talks about how people can still behave like "fundies" despite a particular belief having nothing to do with religion.

I know I'm not answering your question, but I think there is some insight to be gathered from it that can lead to answer to your question.
a·the·ism: The absence of belief in god(s)

There are no additional, claims, laws, commandments, rules, doctrines, presuppositions, stand alone ideologies, dogmas, and/or faith based beliefs required by or inevitably derived from atheism.
Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:42 pm
theyounghistorian77ContributorUser avatarPosts: 726Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:43 amLocation: United Kingdom Gender: Male

Post Re: I have a few Questions about arguing with idiots

televator wrote:Younghistorian, have you seen the Tortucan trap video? It talks about how people can still behave like "fundies" despite a particular belief having nothing to do with religion.

I know I'm not answering your question, but I think there is some insight to be gathered from it that can lead to answer to your question.



I have not seen that video, and he's still at it! Goodness me he makes me so bloody depressed!

Troll wrote:Not one confirmed gassing in WWII, and Americans have to pay $10 Million each and every day of the week to the Zionist land-theft and welfare scam Jews are operating in Palestine.

September 11, 2001 was a Zionist False, Flag. Dr. Alan Sabrosky is a Marine Vietnam Veteran and former director of the U.S. Army War College's 'Strategic Studies Institute' One year ago he stated unequivocally that Mossad did 9-11 His online supporting article is titled: 9/11 - The US Military Knows Israel Did It


:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:
"Politics is weird, and creepy, and now I know lacks even the loosest attachment to anything like reality." - Shep Smith
Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:51 pm
he_who_is_nobodyBloggerUser avatarPosts: 3468Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:36 amLocation: Albuquerque, New Mexico Gender: Male

Post Re: I have a few Questions about arguing with idiots

Wow! :!:

All I have to say is that I understand that you are not arguing to win him over, but to win over the minds of a third party viewer. However, you really need to know when to cut your losses. Is it really worth your time writing out responses to such dribble when it seems obvious that he is nothing more than a troll?

I enjoy your work, but sometimes cutting your losses and moving on to something more fruitful is the best option. You can see here when I argued with a creationists (granted not as insane as this one) for two months before treating his trolling like it should have been treated from the beginning.
_BONES AND FOSSILS = LOVE_
(_'--------------------'_)
(_.--------------------._)
Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:35 pm
YIM WWW
theyounghistorian77ContributorUser avatarPosts: 726Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:43 amLocation: United Kingdom Gender: Male

Post Re: I have a few Questions about arguing with idiots

he_who_is_nobody wrote:Wow! :!:

All I have to say is that I understand that you are not arguing to win him over, but to win over the minds of a third party viewer. However, you really need to know when to cut your losses. Is it really worth your time writing out responses to such dribble when it seems obvious that he is nothing more than a troll?

I enjoy your work, but sometimes cutting your losses and moving on to something more fruitful is the best option. You can see here when I argued with a creationists (granted not as insane as this one) for two months before treating his trolling like it should have been treated from the beginning.


I thank you for your compliment. :)

And i'll take your point. Im thinking about leaving him to a holocaust specialist :!: as there are only so many conspiricy theories i can rebutt. I cannot deal with them all and yet sadly he seems totaly immersed in all of them!

I guess it doesn't help that i also have a "no surrender" mentality, I dont know if you can pick that up, But i will admit to it here at least. It's annoying because me going away i feel makes me look defeated. He' not the first idiot i've ever dealt with on the tube. But most usualy go away after two or three rounds of heavy bombardment. Your Creationist and my Holocaust denier are the exceptions.
"Politics is weird, and creepy, and now I know lacks even the loosest attachment to anything like reality." - Shep Smith
Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:06 am
televatorUser avatarPosts: 1252Joined: Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:02 amLocation: In hell, rocking out with Satan! Gender: Cake

Post Re: I have a few Questions about arguing with idiots

theyounghistorian77 wrote:I have not seen that video, and he's still at it! Goodness me he makes me so bloody depressed!


/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=7123
a·the·ism: The absence of belief in god(s)

There are no additional, claims, laws, commandments, rules, doctrines, presuppositions, stand alone ideologies, dogmas, and/or faith based beliefs required by or inevitably derived from atheism.
Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:59 am
nomaedPosts: 1Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:25 am Gender: Male

Post Re: I have a few Questions about arguing with idiots

theyounghistorian77 wrote:
Troll wrote:Not one confirmed gassing in WWII, and Americans have to pay $10 Million each and every day of the week to the Zionist land-theft and welfare scam Jews are operating in Palestine.

September 11, 2001 was a Zionist False, Flag. Dr. Alan Sabrosky is a Marine Vietnam Veteran and former director of the U.S. Army War College's 'Strategic Studies Institute' One year ago he stated unequivocally that Mossad did 9-11 His online supporting article is titled: 9/11 - The US Military Knows Israel Did It


:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:


It took just 2 seconds to find this: http://adamholland.blogspot.com/2010/05 ... -jews.html
About this Alan Sabrosky lunatic.
But again, that must be a ZOG plot.
Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:27 am
Gnug215ModeratorUser avatarPosts: 2669Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:31 pm

Post Re: I have a few Questions about arguing with idiots

theyounghistorian77 wrote:
I have not seen that video, and he's still at it! Goodness me he makes me so bloody depressed!



Watch it. You'll see. :)

televator linked to the thread already.
- Gnug215

YouTube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/Gnug215


The horse is a ferocious predator.
Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:49 am
he_who_is_nobodyBloggerUser avatarPosts: 3468Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:36 amLocation: Albuquerque, New Mexico Gender: Male

Post Re: I have a few Questions about arguing with idiots

theyounghistorian77 wrote:I guess it doesn't help that i also have a "no surrender" mentality, I dont know if you can pick that up, But i will admit to it here at least. It's annoying because me going away i feel makes me look defeated.


I did pick up your no surrender attitude, I have that attitude as well when I am arguing with creationists (it is easy to have when you know you are right). However, I learned that not all battles are worth fighting when I started an argument with a creationist named Hume1947. He was an active quote miner, which drove me nuts. However, after arguing with him for several months, it became apparent that no matter what I said to him, he was going to keep his preconceived notion, no matter how wrong I made it look. I left that argument and I felt defeated as well, but there really is no winning when arguing with a troll.

theyounghistorian77 wrote:He' not the first idiot i've ever dealt with on the tube. But most usualy go away after two or three rounds of heavy bombardment. Your Creationist and my Holocaust denier are the exceptions.


This is true. So far, Hume1947 and Remensum have been the only creationists that I just had to stop responding to, because nothing I said would get through to them. To be perfectly honest, I believe that both of them are simply trolls, much like your Holocaust denier, and nothing any of them has said on the Ethernet is a representation of what they actually believe. They are just doing it for kicks and giggles. Much like our new resident troll Царь Славян.
_BONES AND FOSSILS = LOVE_
(_'--------------------'_)
(_.--------------------._)
Sat Mar 12, 2011 5:59 pm
YIM WWW
Post new topic Reply to topic  Page 1 of 1
 [ 11 posts ] 
Return to Blog of Reason

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests
cron