Elsewhere on the internet...

The League of Reason has some social media accounts! You can find us on Facebook or on Twitter for some interesting links and things.

Two Years!

[ 26 posts ] 
Two Years!
Blog of ReasonHelperUser avatarPosts: 240Joined: Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:28 pmLocation: League of Reason

Post Two Years!

Discussion thread for the blog entry "Two Years!" by AndromedasWake.

Permalink: http://blog.theleagueofreason.co.uk/website/two-years/
Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:42 pm
Duvelthehobbit666User avatarPosts: 1136Joined: Sun Aug 08, 2010 7:39 pmLocation: On a pale blue dot Gender: Male

Post Re: Two Years!

CONGRATS

"Beer, the cause of - and solution to - all of lifes problems" Homer Simpson

I have a blog now
Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:00 pm
FaithlessThinkerUser avatarPosts: 618Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:41 am Gender: Cake

I've been here for more than 10 months. It's the only forum I frequent. And that's probably the biggest sin God will charge me with on Judgement Day. :lol:

Happy Birthday League of Reason!
It was my honest attempt to find a more pure form of God that made me realise that there was none.”
— Master_Ghost_Knight
Previously known as anon1986sing. You can call me FT. :)
Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:37 pm
nasher168League LegendUser avatarPosts: 2518Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:34 pmLocation: Derby, UK Gender: Male

Wow, it doesn't feel like 2 years...
How many of the original users are still active? Off the top of my head I can think of myself, IJoe, MRaverz, Gnug, Squawk, Aught, Borrofburi (?), Wark, MGK and of course Sporky and AW.
A great Charity
Apologies for my absence of late.
Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:05 pm
SquawkModeratorUser avatarPosts: 2011Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2009 8:25 pm Gender: Tree

Well happy Birthday LoR :D

A quick scan suggests I actually joined a couple of days late, so my aniversary isn't until the 22nd.

2 years though, sheesh, time flies eh, all on the back of false DMCAs
Pope Rat: "Exclusion of God, religion and virtue from public life leads ultimately to a truncated vision of man and of society and thus a reductive vision of a person and his destiny."

Squawk response: "O Rly?"
Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:43 pm
lrkunUser avatarPosts: 3831Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:37 pmLocation: R. Gender: Tree

Cheers for the past two years, and for two years more to come.
Unsupport unthink.
Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:47 pm
ShaedysUser avatarPosts: 343Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:15 pm Gender: Cake

Why I have to wait till Sep 27th
For many two years more to come.
Sun Feb 20, 2011 4:28 pm
JosanUser avatarPosts: 426Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:56 pm

Have been really busy with uni. and a new job, so haven't been that active online lately. But thought I should just pop back in to wish LoR a happy anniversary. Rock on.
Sun Feb 20, 2011 5:13 pm
borrofburiModeratorPosts: 3508Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2009 5:27 pm Gender: Male

nasher168 wrote:Borrofburi (?)

Not quite two for me. I think... 18 months-ish... I came during the summer.
Sun Feb 20, 2011 5:52 pm
MRaverzPosts: 1838Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2009 10:00 am Gender: Pinecone

borrofburi wrote:
nasher168 wrote:Borrofburi (?)

Not quite two for me. I think... 18 months-ish... I came during the summer.

Adding to this, I joined on Jul 26. Which is still ages ago. D:

Edit: Holy crap, you joined on the same day as me.
Sun Feb 20, 2011 5:56 pm
PulsarUser avatarPosts: 872Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:52 pmLocation: Belgium

nasher168 wrote:How many of the original users are still active? Off the top of my head I can think of myself, IJoe, MRaverz, Gnug, Squawk, Aught, Borrofburi (?), Wark, MGK and of course Sporky and AW.

People always forget me :(
I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. - Robert McCloskey

Science doesn’t know everything … religion doesn’t know ANYTHING.
Sun Feb 20, 2011 6:09 pm
SquawkModeratorUser avatarPosts: 2011Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2009 8:25 pm Gender: Tree

Pulsar wrote:]
People always forget me :(

Who are you again?
Pope Rat: "Exclusion of God, religion and virtue from public life leads ultimately to a truncated vision of man and of society and thus a reductive vision of a person and his destiny."

Squawk response: "O Rly?"
Sun Feb 20, 2011 6:12 pm

Squawk wrote:Who are you again?

You are a dead parrot! A stiff, bereft of life, you have ceased to be, if I hadn't nailed you to the perch you'd be pushing up the daisies. You are an ex-parrot!!! :twisted: :D
I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. - Robert McCloskey

Sun Feb 20, 2011 6:30 pm
CosmicSporkLeague LegendUser avatarPosts: 929Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:36 pmLocation: UK Gender: Cake

I actually joined on the 21st Feb 2009 so 2 years tomorrow for me.

I have been very busy with work lately so haven't been around much except to fix problems.

The installation date of the current board is the 4th March 2009 in case anyone cares :P
“Nothing is as frustrating as arguing with someone who knows what he's talking about.” - Sam Ewing
Sun Feb 20, 2011 6:33 pm
Anachronous RexLeague LegendUser avatarPosts: 2008Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:07 pmLocation: Kansas City, MO Gender: Male

Cake for all!

Our prefrontal lobes are too small. Much too small. That's a problem of the birth canal, I'm very sorry to say for those that like their birth canals... tight.
-C. Hitchens.
Sun Feb 20, 2011 6:42 pm
borrofburiModeratorPosts: 3508Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2009 5:27 pm Gender: Male

MRaverz wrote:
borrofburi wrote:Not quite two for me. I think... 18 months-ish... I came during the summer.

Adding to this, I joined on Jul 26. Which is still ages ago. D:

Edit: Holy crap, you joined on the same day as me.

It's like I knew!

Pulsar wrote:
Squawk wrote:Who are you again?

You are a dead parrot! A stiff, bereft of life, you have ceased to be, if I hadn't nailed you to the perch you'd be pushing up the daisies. You are an ex-parrot!!! :twisted: :D

Is that like being an ex-patriot?
Sun Feb 20, 2011 6:47 pm
monitoradiationPosts: 566Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:05 pm

Woot! Happy bday!

I just posted because I'm too lazy to check when I joined :3
Sun Feb 20, 2011 8:28 pm

borrofburi wrote:Is that like being an ex-patriot?

Do you mean the location on my profile? I'll change it back when we have a government.
"Celebrated" the world record last week... *sigh*

Sun Feb 20, 2011 8:43 pm
Aught3ModeratorUser avatarPosts: 4290Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2009 3:36 amLocation: New Zealand Gender: Male

Wow two years of this place and yet there are still people on the internet who are wrong!
Wanderer, there is no path, the path is made by walking.
Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:01 am
AndiferousUser avatarPosts: 2727Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:00 amLocation: Laputa Gender: Time Lord

Aught3 wrote:Wow two years of this place and yet there are still people on the internet who are wrong!

I was just hoping to confirm more people who were right. :lol:
"As there seemed no measure between what Watt could understand, and what he could not, so there seemed none between what he deemed certain, and what he deemed doubtful."
~ Samuel Beckett, Watt
Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:33 am
Next
 [ 26 posts ] 
Return to Blog of Reason