Elsewhere on the internet...

The League of Reason has some social media accounts! You can find us on Facebook or on Twitter for some interesting links and things.

Who are your favourite YouTube Atheists?

[ 34 posts ] 
Who are your favourite YouTube Atheists?
Blog of ReasonHelperUser avatarPosts: 240Joined: Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:28 pmLocation: League of Reason

Post Who are your favourite YouTube Atheists?

Sat Jul 24, 2010 5:14 pm
EidolonUser avatarPosts: 257Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:03 am

Post Re: Who are your favourite YouTube Atheists?

Mine would be:

Potholer54
Evid3nc3
Philhellenes

I really like Evid3nc3's deconversion series because It really gives us an idea of just what a christian would have to deal with internally when conflicted with reality versus their beliefs instead of just bashing them and telling them they are wrong and irrational. Its also very well made, which is a welcomed change from all the shitty "made in 20 minutes on bitmap and windows movie maker" crap most people put up. (not counting nonstampcollector as his style is intentional)
Worldquest wrote:I think I'm psychic....

Worldquest wrote:No. You read it.
Sat Jul 24, 2010 6:17 pm
KalirenPosts: 29Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:53 amLocation: Maine Gender: Tree

I've just started watching the videos of Youtube Atheists, and I keep finding more people who are intelligent, rational, clear communicators, like skepchick - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0m8kjirDKc

It seems to be an embarrassment of wealth :lol:

I find what youtube atheists do to be very important, because one of the things us ex-theists gave up when we left our faiths was the faith community. Knowing that there are people out there who think and feel much like I do, that there is an actual atheist community to help replace the faith community that I've walked away from, is, well, comforting! Yes, I'm a bit of a misanthrope, but I still don't want to be completely alone :P

I watched Th1swasatriumph's WLC videos yesterday, and I really enjoyed them.
Sat Jul 24, 2010 6:27 pm
TheFlyingBastardUser avatarPosts: 787Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:17 am Gender: Male

QualiaSoup and ThereminTrees.
I love those guys. They helped me make sense of the world right after my deconversion.
Sat Jul 24, 2010 6:33 pm
MillionSwordUser avatarPosts: 217Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:25 pmLocation: Ireland

For me the only one who really stands out is Coughlan666. All the others I like I would put in no particular order of preference.
Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:26 am
TheFlyingBastardUser avatarPosts: 787Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:17 am Gender: Male

MillionSword wrote:For me the only one who really stands out is Coughlan666. All the others I like I would put in no particular order of preference.

Isn't he a member of these forums?
Sun Jul 25, 2010 1:42 pm
PulsarUser avatarPosts: 872Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:52 pmLocation: Belgium

My top three:

Potholer54
AronRa
NonStampCollector

All three manage to present a tonne of carefully constructed information, with a healthy dose of humor. Their videos are infotainment at its very best.
Oh, and you ain't bad yourself, AW ;)
I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. - Robert McCloskey

Science doesn’t know everything … religion doesn’t know ANYTHING.
Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:34 pm
dalekskaroPosts: 1Joined: Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:44 amLocation: Kansas, USA Gender: Female

My favorites are:
Coughlan666, Th1sWasATriumph, AndromedasWake, AronRa,

Others that i like:
Godlesshayes, Nykytyne, ScouseCaspaXS, TheThinkingAtheist, ZJemptv, ZOMGitsCriss
Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:55 pm
nasher168League LegendUser avatarPosts: 2518Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:34 pmLocation: Derby, UK Gender: Male

Probably AW, AronRa, Thunderf00t, dprjones and Ainulindale (a minor one who makes VERY funny videos). Their videos are always enjoyable to watch, whilst with some other people, I do sometimes just click the cross on their video 'cuz I can't be arsed to watch it right now.
A great Charity
Apologies for my absence of late.
Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:59 am
PatrickTheScienceGuyUser avatarPosts: 150Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:26 pmLocation: My House Gender: Pinecone

Thunderf00t, Ainulindale, Philhellenes
When I do good, I feel good; when I do bad, I feel bad, and that is my religion. - Abraham Lincoln
Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:14 am
ICQ WWW
rabbitpirateLeague LegendUser avatarPosts: 101Joined: Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:29 pm

So many great tubers to choose from.

Potholer54 - I just love his "Made Easy" series & the golden crocoduck awards
NonStampCollector - Everything he does is brilliant and I end up favouriting all his vids
AronRa - No explanation needed
Ainulindale21 - He's only made a few vids but they are all awesome
k87jury - He takes on some of the less well known youtube creationists and gives them a beat down
gogreen18 - She hasn't done atheist vids in a while but I really enjoyed her "Going to Hell" series, plus haaawt!

And of course all of my fellow LoRers. Everytime one of them makes a video I find myself feeling seriously outclassed. We have some really smart cookies on this here blog. There is also the guys who made that Critical Analysis series on Kent Hovind's videos and who kept getting DMCA'ed because of it. I can't for the life of me remember what they were called and as I am at work, and I guess should be working, I have no access to youtube to find out. But they were awesome.
Thetis: What if courage and imagination became everyday mortal qualities? What will become of us?
Zeus: We would no longer be needed. But, for the moment, there is sufficient cowardice, sloth and mendacity down there on Earth to last forever.
Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:32 pm
Aught3ModeratorUser avatarPosts: 4290Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2009 3:36 amLocation: New Zealand Gender: Male

The dodos
Wanderer, there is no path, the path is made by walking.
Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:19 pm
rabbitpirateLeague LegendUser avatarPosts: 101Joined: Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:29 pm

Aught3 wrote:The dodos

Ah of course, they were great. Wish they would do some more stuff but they seem to have rather disappeared from youtube in recent years.
Thetis: What if courage and imagination became everyday mortal qualities? What will become of us?
Zeus: We would no longer be needed. But, for the moment, there is sufficient cowardice, sloth and mendacity down there on Earth to last forever.
Mon Jul 26, 2010 3:20 pm
fenyxUser avatarPosts: 59Joined: Sat Jul 17, 2010 5:19 pm

AW, Zj, Tf00t, philhellenes, the dodos and DonExodus though he's not quite the same as the others...
Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:45 pm
nasher168League LegendUser avatarPosts: 2518Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:34 pmLocation: Derby, UK Gender: Male

:shock:
How could I have forgotten potholer54?
A great Charity
Apologies for my absence of late.
Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:50 pm
OrkaneyUser avatarPosts: 15Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:26 amLocation: Oslo, Norway

Lots of good suggestions here, I would also add Hobbes391 and LovingDoubt if possible. The Dick is a first priority for me.
Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:00 pm
TheIllegalPotatoPosts: 1Joined: Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:51 pm Gender: Tree

Nonstampcollecter
Edwardcurrent
darkmatter2525
43alley
Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:11 am
MillenniumUser avatarPosts: 21Joined: Tue Aug 31, 2010 1:23 am Gender: Male

ZOMGitsCriss
EdwardCurrent
DonExodus
Thunderfoot
DarkMatter2525
I could go on but those are my main favorites, in no particular order.
Tue Aug 31, 2010 4:28 am
NautyskinPosts: 252Joined: Sat Jul 10, 2010 2:29 am Gender: Tree

TheraminTrees
AronRa
DonExodus2
1GOD1JESUS

Coughlan and AngieAntiTheist are good too.
Religion: Giving people hope in a world torn apart by religion.
Tue Aug 31, 2010 1:29 pm
AtheistOnTheMovePosts: 3Joined: Sat Jan 15, 2011 6:48 am Gender: Male

Fav-utube atheists

ThunderFoot
Darkmatter2525
Andromadaswake
GrapplingIgnorance

All well well cool people love the vids :D

i have more but these my top4
Sat Jan 15, 2011 7:11 am
Next
 [ 34 posts ] 
Return to Blog of Reason