Elsewhere on the internet...

The League of Reason has some social media accounts! You can find us on Facebook or on Twitter for some interesting links and things.

San Francisco legislators clearly have irradiated brains

[ 11 posts ] 
San Francisco legislators clearly have irradiated brains
Blog of ReasonHelperUser avatarPosts: 240Joined: Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:28 pmLocation: League of Reason

Post San Francisco legislators clearly have irradiated brains

Thu Jun 17, 2010 3:23 pm
CosmicSporkLeague LegendUser avatarPosts: 929Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:36 pmLocation: UK Gender: Cake

Post Re: San Francisco legislators clearly have irradiated brains

This is absolute bonkeringness of epic proportions. I thought it was now recognised that mobile phones had no negative effects.

All this will do is make people paranoid (more so than they were already)... Those 10 people who voted for this need sitting in a room with 500,000 mobile phones... yeah, that'll teach em!
“Nothing is as frustrating as arguing with someone who knows what he's talking about.” - Sam Ewing
Thu Jun 17, 2010 3:41 pm
Th1sWasATriumphLeague LegendUser avatarPosts: 415Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 12:24 amLocation: About two feet behind AndromedasWake, with a brick in a sock

CosmicSpork wrote:Those 10 people who voted for this need sitting in a room with 500,000 mobile phones... yeah, that'll teach em!

Could the phones be all perpetually phoning Assland, or whatever Ken Ham's freak circus of mutant science is called?

RP, my hat is once more swept from my head at the sight of commentary I wish I'd done first, you little bitch.
An omnipotent, omniscient and omnipresent God would know exactly why I don't believe in him, but would send me to hell regardless. Have I just described your God?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwah_9O_4i4
Thu Jun 17, 2010 5:07 pm
EbanPosts: 34Joined: Sun Jun 13, 2010 5:27 pmLocation: Washington, IN Gender: Pinecone

The only danger from cell phones is that fact it turns people in terrible drivers, and assholes.
Thu Jun 17, 2010 6:29 pm
Zoten001Posts: 67Joined: Fri Jul 17, 2009 1:58 pmLocation: San Diego, California

You know, It's stuff like this that makes me fearful for the future of my country, and makes me wonder if most of my fellow Americans suffer from some-sort of unknown mental deffciancy. I know our educational system isn't the best, but I went through it and you won't see me backing something as stupid as this bit of rubish legislation....
Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:07 am
YIM
CaseUser avatarPosts: 1080Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:40 pm Gender: Cake

Eban wrote:The only danger from cell phones is that fact it turns people in terrible drivers, and assholes.

Actually, they don't 'turn' people into assholes or bad drivers. In fact all they do is make it easier to discern assholes from good people, mostly on the subway or the bus. Regarding the driving issue... people can divide their attention by many other means, as well. Whatever it is they do besides driving increases the risk of making a mistake. The many laws about installing a hands-free device in cars so you don't get distracted by holding a phone to your ear are fucking bullshit, too. As Ellen Degeneres so brilliantly put: "Now we have hands-free phones, so you can focus on the thing you're really supposed to be doing ... chances are, if you need both of your hands to do something, your brain should be in on it too." Of course all experiments conducted show that her intuition is right (Redelmeier & Tibshirani, 1997; Consiglio et al., 2003; McKnight & McKnight, 1993; Patten et al., 1999; Lamble et al. 1999).
I am determined that my children shall be brought up in their father's religion, if they can find out what it is.
Charles Lamb (1775 - 1834)

Atheism is a non-prophet organization.
Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:34 am
rabbitpirateLeague LegendUser avatarPosts: 101Joined: Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:29 pm

Case wrote: In fact all they do is make it easier to discern assholes from good people, mostly on the subway or the bus.

The UK Government has recently introduced a plan to help identify assholes by forcing them to fly white flags with red crosses on them on their cars....what...oh, er, sorry. I've just been informed that apparently this actually has something to do with the World Cup. It is just a coincidence that so many of the people who have them on their cars also seem to be asshole drivers.
Thetis: What if courage and imagination became everyday mortal qualities? What will become of us?
Zeus: We would no longer be needed. But, for the moment, there is sufficient cowardice, sloth and mendacity down there on Earth to last forever.
Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:36 pm
nasher168League LegendUser avatarPosts: 2518Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:34 pmLocation: Derby, UK Gender: Male

rabbitpirate wrote:The UK Government has recently introduced a plan to help identify assholes by forcing them to fly white flags with red crosses on them on their cars....

You stole that from The Times opinion section didn't you? DIDN'T YOU?
:P
A great Charity
Apologies for my absence of late.
Fri Jun 18, 2010 1:31 pm
CaseUser avatarPosts: 1080Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:40 pm Gender: Cake

The joke police, hahaha.
I am determined that my children shall be brought up in their father's religion, if they can find out what it is.
Charles Lamb (1775 - 1834)

Atheism is a non-prophet organization.
Fri Jun 18, 2010 5:01 pm
rabbitpirateLeague LegendUser avatarPosts: 101Joined: Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:29 pm

nasher168 wrote:
rabbitpirate wrote:The UK Government has recently introduced a plan to help identify assholes by forcing them to fly white flags with red crosses on them on their cars....

You stole that from The Times opinion section didn't you? DIDN'T YOU?
:P

Actually I honestly didn't, however I have little doubt I got it from somewhere as the suggestion comes up when ever there is a big sporting event on.
Thetis: What if courage and imagination became everyday mortal qualities? What will become of us?
Zeus: We would no longer be needed. But, for the moment, there is sufficient cowardice, sloth and mendacity down there on Earth to last forever.
Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:32 pm
Private_slimUser avatarPosts: 166Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:42 amLocation: Kristiansund N, Norway Gender: Male

Rather than inform, the ordinance will potentially mislead consumers with point-of-sale requirements suggesting that some phones are 'safer' than others, based on radio frequency emissions," said John Walls, vice-president of public affairs for the CTIA.

Isn't this the whole reason it got passed? Corporate pressure and stuff so people who don't make too good phones can get sales by another variable.
I'm a monkey
Sat Jun 19, 2010 2:48 pm
 [ 11 posts ] 
Return to Blog of Reason