Elsewhere on the internet...

The League of Reason has some social media accounts! You can find us on Facebook or on Twitter for some interesting links and things.

My Letter To William Lane Craig @ Reasonablefaith.com

[ 6 posts ] 
My Letter To William Lane Craig @ Reasonablefaith.com
Blog of ReasonHelperUser avatarPosts: 240Joined: Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:28 pmLocation: League of Reason

Post My Letter To William Lane Craig @ Reasonablefaith.com

Wed May 12, 2010 9:24 pm
SquawkModeratorUser avatarPosts: 2011Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2009 8:25 pm Gender: Tree

Post Re: My Letter To William Lane Craig @ Reasonablefaith.com

It doesn't surprise me in the slightest that you got ignored. All claims of logical proof of a deity inevitably fail under scrutiny, either making assumptions as their basic premise or simply commit some form of fallacy.

I have no idea why apologists such as WLC get famous, but then Kent Hovind managed it I suppose.
Pope Rat: "Exclusion of God, religion and virtue from public life leads ultimately to a truncated vision of man and of society and thus a reductive vision of a person and his destiny."

Squawk response: "O Rly?"
Wed May 12, 2010 10:53 pm
Private_slimUser avatarPosts: 166Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:42 amLocation: Kristiansund N, Norway Gender: Male

Jonas, stop browsing LoR when getting home from a party, you don't understand 40% of it and just pose a big ?
and to put things in perspective, spell-check saves you, but being wrong for the ? 5 times should give you an indicator...

edit: wrong for the questionmark 5 times. damn, I might still be smart as this, I did pose this question to myself didn't I?
I'm a monkey
Thu May 13, 2010 1:55 am
rabbitpirateLeague LegendUser avatarPosts: 101Joined: Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:29 pm

Great questions, but I have to agree with Squawk that you will never get an answer to them. I really like your video series on WLC as well.
Thetis: What if courage and imagination became everyday mortal qualities? What will become of us?
Zeus: We would no longer be needed. But, for the moment, there is sufficient cowardice, sloth and mendacity down there on Earth to last forever.
Thu May 13, 2010 2:06 pm
monitoradiationPosts: 566Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:05 pm

What I find most amusing about WLC is his dismissive attitude towards Dawkins, Hitchens, etc.. I understand somewhat his point about Hitchens, but when his reasons for being smug is something along the lines of "Dawkins is not theologically advanced in his arguments".

This, combined with his own arguments of personal experience, and the fact that few, if anyone gets converted to a religion by any one of the philosophical circlejerk arguments, makes my blood boil.
Fri May 14, 2010 1:21 am
rabbitpirateLeague LegendUser avatarPosts: 101Joined: Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:29 pm

monitoradiation wrote:This, combined with his own arguments of personal experience, and the fact that few, if anyone gets converted to a religion by any one of the philosophical circlejerk arguments, makes my blood boil.

Very well put. I personally find that this is a useful counter argument to any of the complex philosophical and theological arguments that Christians like to use. When they start going on about fine tuning and cosmological arguments I like to ask them if that is why they became a Christian. When they say no, and they always do, I ask why they are using those arguments instead of the ones that acutally convinced them. Usually it has something to do with them knowing how weak the actual reasons they believe sound when spoken out loud.
Thetis: What if courage and imagination became everyday mortal qualities? What will become of us?
Zeus: We would no longer be needed. But, for the moment, there is sufficient cowardice, sloth and mendacity down there on Earth to last forever.
Fri May 14, 2010 12:33 pm
 [ 6 posts ] 
Return to Blog of Reason