Elsewhere on the internet...

The League of Reason has some social media accounts! You can find us on Facebook or on Twitter for some interesting links and things.

God Love 'Em, Because Someone Has To

[ 4 posts ] 
God Love 'Em, Because Someone Has To
Blog of ReasonHelperUser avatarPosts: 240Joined: Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:28 pmLocation: League of Reason

Post God Love 'Em, Because Someone Has To

Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:57 pm
rabbitpirateLeague LegendUser avatarPosts: 101Joined: Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:29 pm

Post Re: God Love 'Em, Because Someone Has To

I imagine it's likely that Rabbitpirate is even now putting the finishing touches on a significantly better article on this subject. But hey, I'm a Leaguer, it's my oft-shirked duty to expose the belly-white viscera of religious arse wherever it may show.

I love that you have such confidence in me but I must admit that this one is all yours. I did think about writing something but my "weary resignation" got the better of me and I just couldn't bring myself to do it, it was just too painful. Besides I think you sum up the shear arseholiness of the whole thing perfectly.
Thetis: What if courage and imagination became everyday mortal qualities? What will become of us?
Zeus: We would no longer be needed. But, for the moment, there is sufficient cowardice, sloth and mendacity down there on Earth to last forever.
Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:54 pm
SarielPosts: 16Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2010 5:12 amLocation: Michigan, USA Gender: Tree

Church Damage Control: It was the gays, not the pope using his former office to cover up scandals.

Hopefully Dawkins can succeed in his lawsuit. That'd make my day.
Cogito ergo deus non est.
Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:06 pm
GiliellUser avatarPosts: 1218Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:29 am Gender: Female

*mumble*
I'd also be glad if someone could give me peer-reviewed articles that do demonstrate the link between celibacy and pedophilia.
I think that the connection might also be secondary: A pedophile feels attracted to celibacy because he thinks that it would keep him from acting on it.
Doesn't work, obviously.

As I said in another thread: the problem is not that there are pedophile priests. Sadly, pedophiles exist, I understand that it's nothing that you choose to become (but you choose to act on it). The problem is that those known, offending pedophiles weren't stopped and handed over to the authorities, but that the victims were silenced and the pedophiles were given again access to children to offend again.
Still, after all those scandals, after the one about forced labour and violence in church (also protestant) run orphanages and children's homes (the only reason they got over that so quickly is that the current scandal is much more abhorrend), after all those pedophilia scandals, whenever somebody accuses a church official, the instant reaction is denial and an attempt to silence the victims, as in the case of Bishop Mixa, who's been accused of beating children by several victims. The reaction of the church was, as to be expected, to say that of course they believe the bishop and that they're going to sue the accusors for libel...
Go to heaven, we don't want you in hell with us!
Most people don't object to discrimination and oppression as such, they only object to being at the receiving end
Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:24 am
 [ 4 posts ] 
Return to Blog of Reason