Elsewhere on the internet...

The League of Reason has some social media accounts! You can find us on Facebook or on Twitter for some interesting links and things.

All Hail Satan, Lord Of The Scots

[ 12 posts ] 
All Hail Satan, Lord Of The Scots
Blog of ReasonHelperUser avatarPosts: 240Joined: Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:28 pmLocation: League of Reason

Post All Hail Satan, Lord Of The Scots

Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:16 pm
borrofburiModeratorPosts: 3527Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2009 5:27 pm Gender: Male

Post Re: All Hail Satan, Lord Of The Scots

This is nothing new, though I guess it is nice to have an officially ranking member admit to it.

Incidentally, it is this sort of "you are either with us or against us" mentality that means atheists, muslims, voudoun, protestants (if you're catholic), catholics (if you're protestant), etc. are all "satanists".
Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:09 pm
Jotto999User avatarPosts: 572Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:18 amLocation: Ontario, Canada Gender: Male

What I find fascinating is that someone can have the title "Chief Exorcist" and not just be made fun of by everyone around them in this day and age. Sociologists must think we live in a very interesting time. (I sure do!)
With poor mental and physical health, happiness is like smoke that you reach for with bare hands. With great health, happiness is just pouring into your lap all the time.
Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:46 pm
Aught3ModeratorUser avatarPosts: 4290Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2009 3:36 amLocation: New Zealand Gender: Male

Could this be a sign that the Vatican is now officially changing sides in the eternal war between good and evil?

I sure hope so :twisted:
Wanderer, there is no path, the path is made by walking.
Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:16 am
rabbitpirateLeague LegendUser avatarPosts: 101Joined: Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:29 pm

Father Amorth told La Repubblica that the devil..."At times he makes fun of me." "

I can't for the life of me imagine why.

Those possessed often yelled and screamed and spat out nails or pieces of glass, which he kept in a bag.

Wait, I guess I am reading this wrong. It makes it sound like Father Amorth keeps nails and little bits of glass in his bag so that he can shove them into the mouths of people undergoing an "exorcism". Now I know that's not what they mean but would anyone really be surprised if this was actually the case?

I have to say he doesn't look how I imagined a "Chief Exorcist" would look. For some reason I pictured an eye patch, scars and a penchant for bladed weapons...though it is possible I have been watching too much TV.

Seriously though I guess if you are going to be a priest then being a priest who pretends to fight demons is about as cool as you are going to get. I bet he is a massive hit with goth girls.
Thetis: What if courage and imagination became everyday mortal qualities? What will become of us?
Zeus: We would no longer be needed. But, for the moment, there is sufficient cowardice, sloth and mendacity down there on Earth to last forever.
Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:56 pm
ShaedysUser avatarPosts: 343Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:15 pm Gender: Cake

Yes, all those children(boys included :lol: ) are lining up to see the man that battles demons for a living.

Ohh yeah, and your possessed by a demon, mocking that priest like that.
I don't really see how he is going to get people to buy this.
Fri Mar 12, 2010 5:44 pm
pdka2004User avatarPosts: 89Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2009 5:27 pmLocation: Miami Gender: Male

Typical

Bugger a boy, blame Satan and then get some 85 year old Scotsman with a face like a deflating basset hound to mumble a few words of O level poetry at you and hey - all is forgiven, welcome back!!!
The secret to a happy life is lowering your expectations to the point where they are already met
Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:36 pm
HwonUser avatarPosts: 18Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2010 8:57 am Gender: Male

70,000 demonic possessions....
The man is 85.
That's more than 2 a day for every day of his life.
:facepalm:
Sat Mar 13, 2010 7:49 pm
Aught3ModeratorUser avatarPosts: 4290Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2009 3:36 amLocation: New Zealand Gender: Male

Hwon wrote:70,000 demonic possessions....
The man is 85.
But he's a christian priest! He wouldn't just make shit up...
Wanderer, there is no path, the path is made by walking.
Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:15 pm
Lucifer AdamUser avatarPosts: 19Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 4:21 amLocation: My House? Gender: Male

The man is 85.

He is a busy little fucker, isn't he?
Oh man, I'm so high right now, I have no idea what's going on.
Sat Mar 13, 2010 10:19 pm
monitoradiationPosts: 566Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:05 pm

The man is 85.

That's exactly what I thought when I read that. And that's even assuming that he has been dealing with demons since birth.

Forget Jesus. He started his ministry late in life. We need to get this man sainted pronto.
Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:19 pm
BrassBullPosts: 2Joined: Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:31 pmLocation: Texas Gender: Male

I would like to think that he is condemning the people responsible, but this sounds more like trying to indirectly vindicate them. It's the popular, "well I am a victim of x which caused me to commit crime y", if satan made them do it then they cannot be held accountable themselves. It is comparable to Dissociative Trance Disorder wherein someone is taken over by a 'spirit" and often is rude and insulting and demands gifts from the family of the victim, or Dissociative Identity Disorder (multiple personalities). In both cases the crime is not committed by the host personality and therefor the individual is insane and cannot be held accountable for their actions.

Also I am sure many of the offenders will be adding the claim that they were sexually assaulted when they were children, which very well could be the case because the offenders in most of these cases does have a history of sexual abuse themselves.
Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:51 pm
 [ 12 posts ] 
Return to Blog of Reason