Elsewhere on the internet...

The League of Reason has some social media accounts! You can find us on Facebook or on Twitter for some interesting links and things.

Is Brock Lawley a Muslim?

[ 4 posts ] 
Is Brock Lawley a Muslim?
Blog of ReasonHelperUser avatarPosts: 240Joined: Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:28 pmLocation: League of Reason

Post Is Brock Lawley a Muslim?

Discussion thread for the blog entry "Is Brock Lawley a Muslim?" by theowarner.

Permalink: http://blog.theleagueofreason.co.uk/philosophy/is-brock-lawley-a-muslim/
Sat Mar 06, 2010 2:24 pm
darkpawPosts: 1Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:16 am

Post Re: Is Brock Lawley a Muslim?

I don't know if I got this out of context, but, "...the apparent intent of this lie is to portray Obama as a Muslim, as if that were a bad thing, we see now his apparent racism," seems to suggest that Muslims are a different race? They aren't.

We so often see Muslims and their apologists use the racism card as a way to silence critics.

If I were to suddenly become a Muslim would I have changed my race? No.

If I've got it wrong, I apologise; but the way you've worded that sentence seems a little off.
Sat Mar 06, 2010 3:58 pm
TheYoungAndRestlessLeague LegendPosts: 23Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:20 pmLocation: Boston

darkpaw wrote:I don't know if I got this out of context, but, "...the apparent intent of this lie is to portray Obama as a Muslim, as if that were a bad thing, we see now his apparent racism," seems to suggest that Muslims are a different race? They aren't.

We so often see Muslims and their apologists use the racism card as a way to silence critics.

If I were to suddenly become a Muslim would I have changed my race? No.

If I've got it wrong, I apologise; but the way you've worded that sentence seems a little off.

I admit I wasn't very clear. My intent was to suggest that Brock draws a line from Pres. Obama's race to Islam. Another way to put it: I somehow doubt that his video would make sense if Obama looked like Glenn Beck.
Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:24 pm
Th1sWasATriumphLeague LegendUser avatarPosts: 415Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 12:24 amLocation: About two feet behind AndromedasWake, with a brick in a sock

If I may make a suggestion . . . you need to start using the "Click here to read more" link after your initial paragraph or intro. Otherwise the blog is dominated by large blocks of text which smother other entries. Oh, and don't even call Brock "suave" unless it's some other usage of the word. The man is as suave as a ceiling.
An omnipotent, omniscient and omnipresent God would know exactly why I don't believe in him, but would send me to hell regardless. Have I just described your God?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwah_9O_4i4
Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:43 pm
 [ 4 posts ] 
Return to Blog of Reason