Elsewhere on the internet...

The League of Reason has some social media accounts! You can find us on Facebook or on Twitter for some interesting links and things.

Open letter to TheAtheistAntidote (Brock Lawley)

[ 6 posts ] 
Open letter to TheAtheistAntidote (Brock Lawley)
Blog of ReasonHelperUser avatarPosts: 240Joined: Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:28 pmLocation: League of Reason

Post Open letter to TheAtheistAntidote (Brock Lawley)

Wed Dec 30, 2009 3:30 am
dizzinessUser avatarPosts: 6Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 3:16 amLocation: Sandvika, Norway

Post Re: Open letter to TheAtheistAntidote (Brock Lawley)

I don't see a theist who ignores correction as remarkable. I think it may be a requirement.
Wed Dec 30, 2009 3:34 am
OrkaneyUser avatarPosts: 15Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:26 amLocation: Oslo, Norway

What I would like to see is a website complete with searchable and easily found refutations to every single claim theists post. They're sure not to remove claims on their own websites, it's like their scriptures, unchangeable until bills aren't paid. So when anyone comes with a "new" claim, we can all point it out, show where it was refuted and how. Just my 2 cents worth.
Wed Dec 30, 2009 4:02 am
rabbitpirateLeague LegendUser avatarPosts: 101Joined: Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:29 pm

Orkaney wrote:What I would like to see is a website complete with searchable and easily found refutations to every single claim theists post. They're sure not to remove claims on their own websites, it's like their scriptures, unchangeable until bills aren't paid. So when anyone comes with a "new" claim, we can all point it out, show where it was refuted and how. Just my 2 cents worth.

The Iron Chariots wiki would be a good place to start.

http://wiki.ironchariots.org
Thetis: What if courage and imagination became everyday mortal qualities? What will become of us?
Zeus: We would no longer be needed. But, for the moment, there is sufficient cowardice, sloth and mendacity down there on Earth to last forever.
Wed Dec 30, 2009 2:14 pm
rabbitpirateLeague LegendUser avatarPosts: 101Joined: Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:29 pm

So you are talking about Ray Comfort then...oh no, sorry my bad, but you can see how someone could be mistaken.

The argument I have heard from a number of Christians when you point out that their claims about atheists are incorrect goes something like this:

The Bible tells me all about atheists and I trust the Bible over what you say any day.

I've told Christians I believe/do not believe something and have had them turn around and tell me that I am wrong because the Bible says so. Not sure how you argue with people like that.
Thetis: What if courage and imagination became everyday mortal qualities? What will become of us?
Zeus: We would no longer be needed. But, for the moment, there is sufficient cowardice, sloth and mendacity down there on Earth to last forever.
Wed Dec 30, 2009 2:24 pm
xmanUser avatarPosts: 606Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:56 pmLocation: Lotus Land

Orkaney wrote:What I would like to see is a website complete with searchable and easily found refutations to every single claim theists post.

http://www.talkorigins.org/
He was a dreamer, a thinker, a speculative philosopher... or, as his wife would have it, an idiot. ~ Douglas Adams
Wed Dec 30, 2009 6:44 pm
 [ 6 posts ] 
Return to Blog of Reason