Elsewhere on the internet...

The League of Reason has some social media accounts! You can find us on Facebook or on Twitter for some interesting links and things.

Bigfoot Bounty

[ 4 posts ] 
Bigfoot Bounty
Blog of ReasonHelperUser avatarPosts: 240Joined: Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:28 pmLocation: League of Reason

Post Bigfoot Bounty

Discussion thread for the blog entry "Bigfoot Bounty" by he_who_is_nobody.

Permalink: http://blog.theleagueofreason.co.uk/science/bigfoot-bounty/
Mon Feb 17, 2014 7:56 pm
ProlescumWebhamsterUser avatarPosts: 5007Joined: Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:41 pmLocation: Peptone-upon-Sores

Post Re: Bigfoot Bounty

The things they come up with to make cheap television never ceases to amaze me.
if constructive debate is allowed to progress, better ideas will ultimately supplant worse ideas.

Comment is free, but facts are sacred
Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:36 pm
Foxcanine1User avatarPosts: 17Joined: Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:40 pm Gender: Male

I agree that shows like that are predictably a waste of time. Though in regards to them jumping at any noise, I think it probably has more to do with trying to make an otherwise mundane show about people walking around and finding nothing into a exciting show about Big Foot being around any corner. It sounds like it's following the same template as shows like Ghost hunters and Destination Truth. There must be a mathematical formula for determining such things. Something like, the amount of viewers is proportional to the amount of "what was that" statements that a show can garner.
Fear is the greatest enemy of liberty, and as such, is the greatest enemy to reason.
Tue Feb 18, 2014 2:00 pm
he_who_is_nobodyBloggerUser avatarPosts: 3468Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:36 amLocation: Albuquerque, New Mexico Gender: Male

Well, it appears “Bigfoot Bounty” ended and no signs of Bigfoot were found (surprise surprise). However, lots of crazy and misogyny ran throughout that show. I only watched the first three episodes before getting bored and giving it up, but if you want to read a summary of the whole show read Don Prothero’s blog about it. You can also read Alison Edwards wonderful episode-by-episode overview about the show.

Alison Edwards wrote:I will say this: Team Dudebro truly did embody the Squatcher mentality. They were totally invested in the hunt in a way the other teams weren’t, by which I mean they not only knew all the bullshit theories but they also were perfectly willing to put each stupid one of them to the test, not to mention mock, deride, use, and backstab as necessary to find their fantasy ape. Does that make them the best scientists? No , but I guess it does make them the paragon of Squatching. So congrats, Squatchers. These fine fellows are representing for the community. Be proud. Or nauseous.

That sums up this whole show concisely. Even though I believe Dr. Todd and Natalia made as much lemonade out of the lemon that this show was, I am glad its ratings were so low that it will not be returning for a second season.
_BONES AND FOSSILS = LOVE_
(_'--------------------'_)
(_.--------------------._)
Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:05 pm
YIM WWW
 [ 4 posts ] 
Return to Blog of Reason