Elsewhere on the internet...

The League of Reason has some social media accounts! You can find us on Facebook or on Twitter for some interesting links and things.

School reality in Austria

[ 3 posts ] 
School reality in Austria
Blog of ReasonHelperUser avatarPosts: 240Joined: Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:28 pmLocation: League of Reason

Post School reality in Austria

Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:05 pm
ProlescumWebhamsterUser avatarPosts: 5000Joined: Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:41 pmLocation: Peptone-upon-Sores

Post Re: School reality in Austria

It seems to me that the education establishments across the world need a good rethink. In the UK, so-called failing schools are being replaced by academies run by organisations of dubious histories and/or dubious qualification. Something (I don't know what) funny is going on...
if constructive debate is allowed to progress, better ideas will ultimately supplant worse ideas.

Comment is free, but facts are sacred
Sat Mar 08, 2014 6:32 pm
InfernoContributorUser avatarPosts: 2298Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:36 pmLocation: Vienna, Austria Gender: Cake

Post Re: School reality in Austria

Prolescum wrote:It seems to me that the education establishments across the world need a good rethink. In the UK, so-called failing schools are being replaced by academies run by organisations of dubious histories and/or dubious qualification. Something (I don't know what) funny is going on...

In times long past I would have said: "Oh, they're trying their best and it's just too difficult to do it properly. Then I was old and a cynic: "They want to keep us dumb." Now I'm young and realistic: "They're the idiots, they have no idea what they're doing."
"Sometimes people don't want to hear the truth because they don't want their illusions destroyed." ― Friedrich Nietzsche

"I shall achieve my objectives through the power... of Science!" --LessWrong
Sat Mar 08, 2014 7:36 pm
 [ 3 posts ] 
Return to Blog of Reason