Elsewhere on the internet...

The League of Reason has some social media accounts! You can find us on Facebook or on Twitter for some interesting links and things.

Faulty Premises 2

[ 4 posts ] 
Faulty Premises 2
Blog of ReasonHelperUser avatarPosts: 240Joined: Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:28 pmLocation: League of Reason

Post Faulty Premises 2

Discussion thread for the blog entry "Faulty Premises 2" by Laurens.

Permalink: http://blog.theleagueofreason.co.uk/reason/faulty-premises-2/
Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:27 pm
he_who_is_nobodyBloggerUser avatarPosts: 3479Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:36 amLocation: Albuquerque, New Mexico Gender: Male

Post Re: Faulty Premises 2

Laurens wrote:I would be interested to hear some feedback, comments and criticisms about these posts, and ask a specific question; would you like me to continue posting about logical fallacies, or should I move on to discussing other topics?

From where I sit, I would like to see you move on. However, that is only because I know what logical fallacies are, how to spot them, and not to use them.

If you truly believe that you are helping educate people who have not come across logical fallacies before, than keep it up. However, I think your time would be better spent on new subjects.
_BONES AND FOSSILS = LOVE_
(_'--------------------'_)
(_.--------------------._)
Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:03 pm
YIM WWW
LaurensSocial EditorUser avatarPosts: 2995Joined: Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:24 pmLocation: Norwich UK Gender: Male

he_who_is_nobody wrote:
Laurens wrote:I would be interested to hear some feedback, comments and criticisms about these posts, and ask a specific question; would you like me to continue posting about logical fallacies, or should I move on to discussing other topics?

From where I sit, I would like to see you move on. However, that is only because I know what logical fallacies are, how to spot them, and not to use them.

If you truly believe that you are helping educate people who have not come across logical fallacies before, than keep it up. However, I think your time would be better spent on new subjects.

Thanks for the input, its much appreciated.

I was thinking of a compromise between the two, i.e: continuing to make posts about critical thinking, and making some other posts on different topics as well. But if the over all consensus is to move away from this topic then I shall do so.
Like the League of Reason on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter

Shameless Self-Promotion
Listen to my music on Soundcloud
Like my music page on Facebook
Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:17 pm
he_who_is_nobodyBloggerUser avatarPosts: 3479Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:36 amLocation: Albuquerque, New Mexico Gender: Male

Laurens wrote:Thanks for the input, its much appreciated.

I was thinking of a compromise between the two, i.e: continuing to make posts about critical thinking, and making some other posts on different topics as well. But if the over all consensus is to move away from this topic then I shall do so.

What you could do is give actual examples. Find an article(s) full of logical fallacies. Point out the logical fallacies and debunk the article(s) at the same time. This way, you are still discussing a topic that you seem to enjoy, but you are also creating new content in a debunking of an article(s).
_BONES AND FOSSILS = LOVE_
(_'--------------------'_)
(_.--------------------._)
Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:36 pm
YIM WWW
 [ 4 posts ] 
Return to Blog of Reason