Elsewhere on the internet...

The League of Reason has some social media accounts! You can find us on Facebook or on Twitter for some interesting links and things.

Habemus Papam! And what do believers say?

[ 6 posts ] 
Habemus Papam! And what do believers say?
Blog of ReasonHelperUser avatarPosts: 240Joined: Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:28 pmLocation: League of Reason

Post Habemus Papam! And what do believers say?

Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:58 pm
ProlescumWebhamsterUser avatarPosts: 5007Joined: Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:41 pmLocation: Peptone-upon-Sores

Post Re: Habemus Papam! And what do believers say?

Inferno wrote:I do have one question though: How long do you think it will take before the new Pope says something really stupid? And I’m not talking about the statements issued a few hours after his election á la “homosexuality is bad”, I’m talking “AIDS is bad, but not as bad as condoms”-stupid.

Time: Two weeks.
Topic: Western culture, women.
Comment: "Women are the reason the west has such high unemployment".
if constructive debate is allowed to progress, better ideas will ultimately supplant worse ideas.

Comment is free, but facts are sacred
Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:35 pm
InfernoContributorUser avatarPosts: 2298Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:36 pmLocation: Vienna, Austria Gender: Cake

That is incredibly precise... and sadly, so possible!
"Sometimes people don't want to hear the truth because they don't want their illusions destroyed." ― Friedrich Nietzsche

"I shall achieve my objectives through the power... of Science!" --LessWrong
Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:42 am
IBSpifyUser avatarPosts: 461Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:06 am Gender: Pinecone

Prolescum wrote:
Inferno wrote:I do have one question though: How long do you think it will take before the new Pope says something really stupid? And I’m not talking about the statements issued a few hours after his election á la “homosexuality is bad”, I’m talking “AIDS is bad, but not as bad as condoms”-stupid.

Time: Two weeks.
Topic: Western culture, women.
Comment: "Women are the reason the west has such high unemployment".

In some ways it's not entirely wrong, if you were to cut the work force in half by removing all the women unemployment would not really be an issue. This of course has it's own issues, but hey unemployment isn't one of them.
Contrary to popular belief, full-immersion holographic sex will not destroy society.

Full-immersion holographic sex achievement points will destroy society
Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:35 pm
NothPodcasterUser avatarPosts: 335Joined: Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:25 pmLocation: the Nether-regions Gender: Male

IBSpify wrote:In some ways it's not entirely wrong, if you were to cut the work force in half by removing all the women unemployment would not really be an issue. This of course has it's own issues, but hey unemployment isn't one of them.

Unemployed women are unemployed :P.
Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:22 am
IBSpifyUser avatarPosts: 461Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:06 am Gender: Pinecone

Noth wrote:
IBSpify wrote:In some ways it's not entirely wrong, if you were to cut the work force in half by removing all the women unemployment would not really be an issue. This of course has it's own issues, but hey unemployment isn't one of them.

Unemployed women are unemployed :P.

True, because we count them as part of the work force, so they are counted in unemployment rates.

If we were to say they are not part of the work force, then they would not count towards unemployment rates, in the same way that we don't count children in unemployment rates, because they are not part of the workforce.

But again, it's a superficial solution to one problem that creates 4 or 5 other big problems thus it would be a horrible solution.
Contrary to popular belief, full-immersion holographic sex will not destroy society.

Full-immersion holographic sex achievement points will destroy society
Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:58 am
 [ 6 posts ] 
Return to Blog of Reason