Elsewhere on the internet...

The League of Reason has some social media accounts! You can find us on Facebook or on Twitter for some interesting links and things.

Guardians of the Galaxy

[ 32 posts ] 
Guardians of the Galaxy
ProlescumWebhamsterUser avatarPosts: 5005Joined: Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:41 pmLocation: Peptone-upon-Sores

Post Guardians of the Galaxy

Some news from that Comic-Con doodad.

Also, Avengers: Age of Ultron!

Toot sweet, Marvel, toot sweet.
if constructive debate is allowed to progress, better ideas will ultimately supplant worse ideas.

Comment is free, but facts are sacred
Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:15 am
australopithecusLime TordUser avatarPosts: 4304Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:27 pmLocation: Kernow Gender: Time Lord

Post Re: Guardians of the Galaxy

The main thing I've learned from GotG at ComicCon is that Karen Gillan still looks amazing with no hair.
Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:42 am
InfernoContributorUser avatarPosts: 2298Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:36 pmLocation: Vienna, Austria Gender: Cake

australopithecus wrote:The main thing I've learned from GotG at ComicCon is that Karen Gillan still looks amazing with no hair.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

FFS, dammit, shitsticks. Amy (or Karen, whatever :P) may be the most beautiful redhead I've ever seen... not so without hair.
"Sometimes people don't want to hear the truth because they don't want their illusions destroyed." ― Friedrich Nietzsche

"I shall achieve my objectives through the power... of Science!" --LessWrong
Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:54 am
Your Funny UncleUser avatarPosts: 556Joined: Sat May 22, 2010 11:38 amLocation: UK Gender: Male

australopithecus wrote:The main thing I've learned from GotG at ComicCon is that Karen Gillan still looks amazing with no hair.

I'm not such a fan of the totally bald look, but I love a pixie cut, and that's the obvious next stage when she starts growing it again. *waits expectantly*
“I don't believe in an afterlife, so I don't have to spend my whole life fearing hell, or fearing heaven even more. For whatever the tortures of hell, I think the boredom of heaven would be even worse.” - Isaac Asimov
Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:18 am
VisakiUser avatarPosts: 785Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:26 pmLocation: Helsinki, Finland Gender: Male

Your Funny Uncle wrote:I'm not such a fan of the totally bald look, but I love a pixie cut, and that's the obvious next stage when she starts growing it again. *waits expectantly*

HEAR HEAR!

One thing that strikes me is that she apparently does makeup as if she still had hair. That looks a bit... weird.
Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:54 pm
Your Funny UncleUser avatarPosts: 556Joined: Sat May 22, 2010 11:38 amLocation: UK Gender: Male

Visaki wrote:
Your Funny Uncle wrote:I'm not such a fan of the totally bald look, but I love a pixie cut, and that's the obvious next stage when she starts growing it again. *waits expectantly*

HEAR HEAR!

One thing that strikes me is that she apparently does makeup as if she still had hair. That looks a bit... weird.

It says in the story that she came on wearing a wig, and removed it during the panel...
“I don't believe in an afterlife, so I don't have to spend my whole life fearing hell, or fearing heaven even more. For whatever the tortures of hell, I think the boredom of heaven would be even worse.” - Isaac Asimov
Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:38 pm
ProlescumWebhamsterUser avatarPosts: 5005Joined: Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:41 pmLocation: Peptone-upon-Sores

So does that mean you finally checked out Doctor Who, Inferno?
if constructive debate is allowed to progress, better ideas will ultimately supplant worse ideas.

Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:45 pm
InfernoContributorUser avatarPosts: 2298Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:36 pmLocation: Vienna, Austria Gender: Cake

Prolescum wrote:So does that mean you finally checked out Doctor Who, Inferno?

I was forced to. :lol:
"Sometimes people don't want to hear the truth because they don't want their illusions destroyed." ― Friedrich Nietzsche

Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:52 pm

Heh.

Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:30 pm

Cripes, DM!

Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:44 pm
australopithecusLime TordUser avatarPosts: 4304Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:27 pmLocation: Kernow Gender: Time Lord

The trailer made me do a wee of joy.
Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:48 pm

You're welcome :lol:

Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:32 pm

Why do Americans write the date as MMDDYYYY instead of the normal DDMMYYYY? It makes no sense.
I just saw the poster and thought "well shit, that movie's already out?" only to remind myself that Americans simply can't provide a reasonable formate for dates. The anger at 6:55... :P

Fri Feb 21, 2014 6:55 am
IBSpifyUser avatarPosts: 456Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:06 am Gender: Pinecone

Inferno wrote:Why do Americans write the date as MMDDYYYY instead of the normal DDMMYYYY? It makes no sense.
I just saw the poster and thought "well shit, that movie's already out?" only to remind myself that Americans simply can't provide a reasonable formate for dates. The anger at 6:55... :P

You think that's bad, some countries use a YYYYMMDD format.

However i think for the most part it is based on how we tend to speak, the MMDDYYYY standard comes from the fact that we don't normally say "The 4th of March" we tend to say "March 4th" As for why it changed to begin with, i have no idea, but then i don't know why we use the imperial measurement system instead of the metric system either.
Contrary to popular belief, full-immersion holographic sex will not destroy society.

Full-immersion holographic sex achievement points will destroy society
Fri Feb 21, 2014 7:51 am

IBSpify wrote:
Inferno wrote:Why do Americans write the date as MMDDYYYY instead of the normal DDMMYYYY? It makes no sense.

You think that's bad, some countries use a YYYYMMDD format.

However i think for the most part it is based on how we tend to speak, the MMDDYYYY standard comes from the fact that we don't normally say "The 4th of March"

Perhaps outside of the UK English speakers don't use that phrasing...

we tend to say "March 4th" As for why it changed to begin with, i have no idea

The odd affectation people have for abbreviating unnecessarily in verbal communication.

but then i don't know why we use the imperial measurement system instead of the metric system either.

Apparently because Jimmy Carter was a milquetoast... Link

It changed (from imperial to metric) everywhere else because it's easier to count in tens than it is in twelves. Also, the American psyche is naturally contrarian :D

Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:47 pm
Dragan GlasContributorUser avatar
Posts: 2974Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:55 amLocation: Ireland Gender: Male

Greetings,

This was originally the format used in Britain before America was colonised - when the UK changed its format, America kept the original usage.

Kindest regards,

James
"The Word of God is the Creation we behold and it is in this Word, which no human invention can counterfeit or alter, that God speaketh universally to man."
The Age Of Reason
Fri Feb 21, 2014 6:42 pm
DutchLiam84User avatarPosts: 382Joined: Sun Jun 13, 2010 2:27 pmLocation: Eurasian Plate Gender: Time Lord

I first saw the trailer on the Jimmy Kimmel page and actually thought it was a trailer made by Jimmy Kimmel. It sucks balls!
However, I'm a sucker for Marvel movies and I'll probably enjoy this one as much as most of the others.
Nom...I bewieeeeeve....nom nom nom...I have faith in Eviwution
You can find me in Montreal, in a bitching arcade! I'm proud of my gun, and I pood in space!
Sat Feb 22, 2014 7:48 pm

Forgot to post trailer Mk 2:

Sat May 24, 2014 11:26 pm

In 7 days, having booked the day off work (as have several cohorts)... I WILL FINALLY SEE THIS MOVIE!

Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:10 pm

I forgot to say... I was at a MARVEL-day screening, meaning I got to see a full-length Marvel movie and before that... the first 15min of Guardians. Hilarity, pure and simple.

I am Groot.

Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:26 pm
Next
 [ 32 posts ] 
Return to General Discussion