Elsewhere on the internet...

The League of Reason has some social media accounts! You can find us on Facebook or on Twitter for some interesting links and things.

A (Now Not So) Personal Thing: A kooky believer I know

[ 22 posts ] 
A (Now Not So) Personal Thing: A kooky believer I know
SparhafocPosts: 2458Joined: Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:48 am

Post Re: A (Now Not So) Personal Thing: A kooky believer I know

Gendou_Augustus wrote:I have ASD as well. My brother has aspergers and I likely have it too.

Well, you either do or you don't! :)

But it would be up to a medical professional and a Comprehensive Diagnostic Evaluation, which tends to last many years, before it could be diagnosed.
"a reprehensible human being"
Beliefs are, by definition, things we don't know to be true.
Sun Jul 08, 2018 6:31 am
Gendou_AugustusPosts: 26Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2018 1:33 am Gender: Time Lord

Post Re: A (Now Not So) Personal Thing: A kooky believer I know

Had contact with him recently. My attempts at establishing good contacts with and giving the education he needs were rather disappointing. Just the same willful ignoring "make a funny face", "talking hand" shtick as last time. It seems that he doesn't want to be educated or learn anything really, being so incurious as not to even agree on simple definitions. I think why. Him and many others like him, don't want to learn because what they learn might topple their worldview; their safety, comfort, and control over their lives. It's all one huge mound of selfish credophilla, and that just makes me sad for them. They don't want to know the poetry of reality or beauty of the universe, rather, they love and worship man-made fictions as fact, and practice willful ignorance in order to keep their beloved belfies from falling apart.
Thu Aug 23, 2018 9:22 pm
Previous
 [ 22 posts ] 
Return to General Discussion