Creation based Hip Hop music

Post new topic Reply to topic  Page 1 of 1
 [ 18 posts ] 
Creation based Hip Hop music
Author Message
ArkalogikPosts: 4Joined: Mon May 13, 2013 5:53 pm Gender: Male

Post Creation based Hip Hop music

Looking for feedback on the following video and song called "Dig" which details the self evidence of design within nature.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GGrwnrY1Po

Lyrics can be seen at www.destinylab.com on the lyrics page for 'DIG'

I was invited here because of a recent interview I had on Dogma Debate with David Smalley. I was led to believe I would be on the show to discuss my music and give a presentation about my beliefs but instead I was told during the sound check that by the way...AronRa and Rachael an evolutionist will be here as well. I was actually supposed to be on the week before but the date was changed on me last minute...I think so he could schedule AronRa and Rachael without my knowledge because he did not want to talk with me on his own....just an assumption on my end:)

I should have known that I would be ganged up on but I did not want to back down. I was talked over the whole time and called a liar and basically backed into a corner by AronRa to admit I was a liar or he would not move on....so I really never even had an opportunity to talk even talk about my music or worldview or give the presentation I was invited to give in the first place. I did not respond well because I basically got put on the defense and sort of clammed up because I felt ganged up on and anything I would have said would have just been twisted instead of actually listened to. I would have been way more prepared and ready to debate if I actually knew I was having a debate in the first place.
Mon May 13, 2013 6:29 pm
Gnug215ModeratorUser avatarPosts: 2198Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 9:31 pm

Post Re: Creation based Hip Hop music

Hi Arka, and welcome to the forums.

You are truly welcome here, but let me be honest with you upfront: If you don't like being ganged up on, this might not be the best place for you. :)


I'm not saying that to dissuade you, but to prepare you, because as you may or may not know, the vast majority of members on this board are... not creationists.
(For instance, a statement that goes "... which details the self evidence of design within nature..." will invariably garner some resistance.)

Also, I don't know if anyone here likes hip hop. ;)

There is no reason we can't get along, though. I'm usually a fairly amicable person, but I'm afraid to say that you've managed to combine two of the things that I dislike the most. :)

On a more serious note, some friendly advice: If you (inevitably) find yourself in a discussion here with a number of people, and you feel (understandably) ganged up on, I suggest you make it clear in a post that you do not have the time/energy/whatever to respond to everyone, and that you will just focus on responding to a select few of your own choice.
People here will often ask for a response if their posts are ignored (deliberately or not), so being up front about it is a good idea.

Beyond that, if you have questions or need advice, feel free to ask, in a post or pm.

I hope you'll enjoy your stay here.
- Gnug215

YouTube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/Gnug215


The horse is a ferocious predator.
Mon May 13, 2013 8:58 pm
InfernoContributorUser avatarPosts: 2144Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 6:36 pmLocation: Vienna, Austria Gender: Cake

Post Re: Creation based Hip Hop music

G'Day there Arka

I don't particularly enjoy Hip Hop, so I'll only comment on the lyrics.
Also, I didn't listen to the interview, but I admit that Aron has an annoying tendency to talk over others. (More often than not he's right, but it's still not nice.)

In any case...
IT’S A MOTORIZED BACTERIUM
THAT ROTATES UP TO 100,000 RPM


This is a mere nit-pick. This is only true for Bacteria of the Vibrio genus, not so for others. Typical revolutions are between 6,000 and 17,000 for the motor alone, but a mere 200 to 1,000 rpm with the filament attached.
I have a feeling you're deliberately picking the highest number to achieve something.

SEE THE HANDIWORK OF GOD IN MOLECULAR BIOLOGY
IRREDUCIBLY COMPLEX


Except for the fact that we already know it's not irreducibly complex. I'd suggest you read at least the Wikipedia entry, read a few of the posts over at Panda's Thumb and if you really want to get into it, read this comprehensive paper.

My guess is you won't do any of that, so here's a short video: Kenneth Miller on IC and the Flagellum

That's it, I refuse to comment on the rest. Some of it is confused jibber-jabber, some of it sciency-sounding stuff that has, as far as I can tell, no meaning other than to serve the rhyme. Which is fine, this is music. (By some definitions!)

In any case, enjoy your stay.
"Sometimes people don't want to hear the truth because they don't want their illusions destroyed." ― Friedrich Nietzsche

"I shall achieve my objectives through the power... of Science!" --LessWrong
Mon May 13, 2013 9:53 pm
ArkalogikPosts: 4Joined: Mon May 13, 2013 5:53 pm Gender: Male

Post Re: Creation based Hip Hop music

Hello to all and thank your or the responses. I realize this is mainly evolutionists in the room but I was invited here so I did not want to pass up on the invite. I enjoy honest discussion and debate as long as it is kept polite and honest. I will be honest and say that I do not have tons of time to spend here but I would invite people to check out my Creation based hip hop because it is so unusual. We talk about the Creation/Evolution debate as well as aliens/ufos the new age deception, the new world order, the illuminati, dinosaurs, spiritual warfare, the end times, as well as many other unique subjects all from a Biblical worldview.

I realize not everyone is into rap but it really is a perfect platform to discuss these issues....we like to ask life examining questions that demand answers!
Unseen Zones http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOCaYEV3jDc
Evolve or Die http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzzuQX3JUg8E
Ezekiel's Wheel http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NbbBe9EKyPY
Happy Atheist? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOtpfansXqg
Bohemian Grove http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95oBuHZRs00
2012 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xywngr3Ca1k
DIG http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GGrwnrY1Po

Now as far as the flagellum goes ...that is why I said...'UP TO 100,000 RPM" yes, of course I picked the fastest RPM that has been found....why wouldn't I pick the most impressive? It emphasizes how amazing it truly is. Also it has not been shown not to be IC so why would I admit it? It was ridiculous and childish for Aron to act like we could not move on until I admitted it was not IC.

Asking about the origins of the flagellum is very important to the discussion because they are saying that the the flagellum evolved from the type-III secretory apparatus (TTSS) by a step by step process. Miller claimed that the flagellum evolved from a (TTSS), but leading authority in the world on the flagellum motor Scott Minnich debunked Miller and showed that in reality, the (TTSS) if anything must have devolved from the flagellum (a more complex structure), if one did arise from the other. This really should not be surprising for evolutionists because evolution teaches that bacteria evolved before plants and animals. But they always had to swim, so it makes sense that the swimming machinery preceded the secretion machinery that would be needed only once multicellular life evolved.

Things mutate and lose information all the time and evolutionists call it evolving...this is how bacteria become immune to some antibiotics....because they lose information..they do not gain some new power to fight off the anitbiotic they lose information that the antibody cannot grab onto...it is like saying that the police are handcuffing everyone who has hands but because you don't have hands you are more evolve...you may be better off for not being handcuffed but you are not better off in the long run having no hands...mutations will revert back to the original design..the opposite of evolution. The facts show that the original Creation was even more complex than today and things have gotten worse through mutations over time...Show some evidence that one evolved from the other? There is none so why would I admit anything? Of course they have to say that it must have evolved step by step, but they cannot explain what those steps are.... For them it could not have appeared fully functional. Their belief system demands it must have evolved a bit at a time but they cannot actually show this.

Ken Miller has no expertise in this motor, unlike Scott Minnich who refuted his claims. Miller claimed that the flagellum evolved from a secretory apparatus, but Minnich showed that in reality, the type-III secretory apparatus (TTSS) must have devolved from the flagellum (a more complex structure), if one did arise from the other. Note also, it is not a fallacious argument to appeal to a genuine authority, as Minnich is, on the flagellum.
Moreover, Dawkins and Miller are out of step even with evolutionary experts on the TTSS, who are agreed that the flagellum preceded the TTSS:

‘It seems plausible that the original type III secretion system for virulence factors evolved from those for flagellar assembly.’ [Mecsas, J., and Strauss, E.J., Molecular Mechanisms of Bacterial Virulence: Type III Secretion and Pathogenicity Islands, Emerging Infectious Diseases 2(4), October–December 1996]

‘We suggest that the flagellar apparatus was the evolutionary precursor of Type III protein secretion systems.’ [Nguyen L. et al.,Phylogenetic analyses of the constituents of Type III protein secretion systems, J. Mol. Microbiol. Biotechnol. 2(2):125–44, April 2000]

My sources: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed?cmd= ... t=Abstract
Mon May 13, 2013 11:32 pm
VivreUser avatarPosts: 351Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:05 pmLocation: dungeon of despair Gender: Female

Post Re: Creation based Hip Hop music

Hello Arka,
you asked for feedback and I'd like to share mine.

Though HipHop is not my favorit I found the audio-flow quite pleasing. Alas the mission of this song I couldn't subscribe to.
My main impression is that you are calling for support of war and you show your means of threatening terror and aimed erasement.

As for the lyrics I'd like to reflect on some that stroke me before I stopped to seriously regard the rest.

explore the programmed sequence of the human genome
...
like hieroglyphics read by a dyslexic

The analogy is highly offensive.


can we understand the brains inner dynamics
train a dog to be an auto mechanic
because that's a good analogy

There's no analogy but mere self-adulation.


never begin to imagine all the depths of his majesty

yes - go and forbid people to use their (god-given) skill of imagination


created instantly and magically

I thought it took 6 days - SO what now? Which creationist group do you belong to?
And besides: to cripple the all-mightyness to 'unknowing trial by chance', I would call blasphemy. - But it's your 'magician' and you can make him what you want.

~~~

Arkalogik wrote:Things mutate and lose information all the time

I'm sure that is wrong. Mutation is neutral to the result. The information transmutes [reforms if you prefer] and might just lead to a new usable function.


mutations will revert back to the original design..the opposite of evolution

1. this sounds like an untenable hypothesis
2. you confirm evolution to happen by approving involution


The facts show that the original Creation was even more complex than today and things have gotten worse through mutations over time

I hope you realize that you assume yourself to be degenerated. You should not trust your own opinions if you still can.


However - I hope you rather prefer peace and maybe sing a joyful tune some day :-)
Tue May 14, 2013 1:33 am
WWW
VivreUser avatarPosts: 351Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:05 pmLocation: dungeon of despair Gender: Female

Post Re: Creation based Hip Hop music

@ Inferno

thanks :)
Tue May 14, 2013 1:53 am
WWW
ArkalogikPosts: 4Joined: Mon May 13, 2013 5:53 pm Gender: Male

Post Re: Creation based Hip Hop music

Arkalogik wrote:
Things mutate and lose information all the time

I'm sure that is wrong. Mutation is neutral to the result. The information transmutes [reforms if you prefer] and might just lead to a new usable function.

That is not wrong...look into it on your own or ask a fellow evolutionist....viruses become immune to vaccines...it is not because they form some new power to fight the virus...they do not create new information...they actually mutate to LOSE information...the opposite of evolution...it is a fact.

A large proportion of the bacteria that are subjected to antibiotics die, but some others, which are not affected by that antibiotic, replicate rapidly and soon make up the whole population. Thus, the entire population becomes immune to antibiotics.

Evolutionists try to present this as "the evolution of bacteria by adapting to conditions."

The truth, however, is very different from this superficial interpretation. One of the scientists who has done the most detailed research into this subject is the Israeli biophysicist Lee Spetner, who is also known for his book Not by Chance published in 1997. Spetner maintains that the immunity of bacteria comes about by two different mechanisms, but neither of them constitutes evidence for the theory of evolution. These two mechanisms are:

1) The transfer of resistance genes already extant in bacteria.

2) The building of resistance as a result of losing genetic data because of mutation.

Professor Spetner explains the first mechanism in an article published in 2001:

Some microorganisms are endowed with genes that grant resistance to these antibiotics. This resistance can take the form of degrading the antibiotic molecule or of ejecting it from the cell... [T]he organisms having these genes can transfer them to other bacteria making them resistant as well. Although the resistance mechanisms are specific to a particular antibiotic, most pathogenic bacteria have... succeeded in accumulating several sets of genes granting them resistance to a variety of antibiotics.306

Spetner then goes on to say that this is not "evidence for evolution":

The acquisition of antibiotic resistance in this manner... is not the kind that can serve as a prototype for the mutations needed to account for Evolution… The genetic changes that could illustrate the theory must not only add information to the bacterium's genome, they must add new information to the biocosm. The horizontal transfer of genes only spreads around genes that are already in some species.307

So, we cannot talk of any evolution here, because no new genetic information is produced: genetic information that already exists is simply transferred between bacteria.

The second type of immunity, which comes about as a result of mutation, is not an example of evolution either. Spetner writes:

... [A] microorganism can sometimes acquire resistance to an antibiotic through a random substitution of a single nucleotide... Streptomycin, which was discovered by Selman Waksman and Albert Schatz and first reported in 1944, is an antibiotic against which bacteria can acquire resistance in this way. But although the mutation they undergo in the process is beneficial to the microorganism in the presence of streptomycin, it cannot serve as a prototype for the kind of mutations needed by NDT [Neo-Darwinian Theory]. The type of mutation that grants resistance to streptomycin is manifest in the ribosome and degrades its molecular match with the antibiotic molecule.308


Bacteria quickly become immune to antibiotics by transferring their resistance genes to one another. The picture above shows a colony of E. coli bacteria.
In his book Not by Chance, Spetner likens this situation to the disturbance of the key-lock relationship. Streptomycin, just like a key that perfectly fits in a lock, clutches on to the ribosome of a bacterium and inactivates it. Mutation, on the other hand, decomposes the ribosome, thus preventing streptomycin from holding on to the ribosome. Although this is interpreted as "bacteria developing immunity against streptomycin," this is not a benefit for the bacteria but rather a loss for it. Spetner writes:

This change in the surface of the microorganism's ribosome prevents the streptomycin molecule from attaching and carrying out its antibiotic function. It turns out that this degradation is a loss of specificity and therefore a loss of information. The main point is that Evolution… cannot be achieved by mutations of this sort, no matter how many of them there are. Evolution cannot be built by accumulating mutations that only degrade specificity.309

To sum up, a mutation impinging on a bacterium's ribosome makes that bacterium resistant to streptomycin. The reason for this is the "decomposition" of the ribosome by mutation. That is, no new genetic information is added to the bacterium. On the contrary, the structure of the ribosome is decomposed, that is to say, the bacterium becomes "disabled." (Also, it has been discovered that the ribosome of the mutated bacterium is less functional than that of a normal bacterium.) Since this "disability" prevents the antibiotic from attaching onto the ribosome, "antibiotic resistance" develops.

Finally, there is no example of mutation that "develops the genetic information." Evolutionists, who want to present antibiotic resistance as evidence for evolution, treat the issue in a very superficial way and are thus mistaken.

The same situation holds true for the immunity that insects develop to DDT and similar insecticides. In most of these instances, immunity genes that already exist are used. The evolutionary biologist Francisco Ayala admits this fact, saying, "The genetic variants required for resistance to the most diverse kinds of pesticides were apparently present in every one of the populations exposed to these man-made compounds."310 Some other examples explained by mutation, just as with the ribosome mutation mentioned above, are phenomena that cause "genetic information deficit" in insects.

In this case, it cannot be claimed that the immunity mechanisms in bacteria and insects constitute evidence for the theory of evolution. That is because the theory of evolution is based on the assertion that living things develop through mutations. However, Spetner explains that neither antibiotic immunity nor any other biological phenomena indicate such an example of mutation:

The mutations needed for macroevolution have never been observed. No random mutations that could represent the mutations required by Neo-Darwinian Theory that have been examined on the molecular level have added any information. The question I address is: Are the mutations that have been observed the kind the theory needs for support? The answer turns out to be NO!311



306 Dr. Lee Spetner, "Lee Spetner/Edward Max Dialogue: Continuing an exchange with Dr. Edward E. Max," 2001, http://www.trueorigin.org/spetner2.asp
307 Dr. Lee Spetner, "Lee Spetner/Edward Max Dialogue: Continuing an exchange with Dr. Edward E. Max," 2001, http://www.trueorigin.org/spetner2.asp
308 Dr. Lee Spetner, "Lee Spetner/Edward Max Dialogue: Continuing an exchange with Dr. Edward E. Max," 2001, http://www.trueorigin.org/spetner2.asp
309 Dr. Lee Spetner, "Lee Spetner/Edward Max Dialogue: Continuing an exchange with Dr. Edward E. Max," 2001, http://www.trueorigin.org/spetner2.asp
310 Francisco J. Ayala, "The Mechanisms of Evolution," Scientific American, Vol. 239, September 1978, p. 64.
311 Dr. Lee Spetner, "Lee Spetner/Edward Max Dialogue: Continuing an exchange with Dr. Edward E. Max," 2001, http://www.trueorigin.org/spetner2.asp
Tue May 14, 2013 2:37 am
he_who_is_nobodyBloggerUser avatarPosts: 1831Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:36 amLocation: Albuquerque, New Mexico Gender: Male

Post Re: Creation based Hip Hop music

:facepalm:

First, you say:

Arkalogik wrote:Now as far as the flagellum goes ... it has not been shown not to be IC so why would I admit it? It was ridiculous and childish for Aron to act like we could not move on until I admitted it was not IC.


Than go on to refute that in the next paragraph by saying this:

Arkalogik wrote:Asking about the origins of the flagellum is very important to the discussion because they are saying that the the flagellum evolved from the type-III secretory apparatus (TTSS) by a step by step process. Miller claimed that the flagellum evolved from a (TTSS), but leading authority in the world on the flagellum motor Scott Minnich debunked Miller and showed that in reality, the (TTSS) if anything must have devolved from the flagellum (a more complex structure), if one did arise from the other.


You must not know your own argument. Whether the bacterial flagellum evolved from the type-III secretory apparatus or visa versa shows that the bacterial flagellum is not irreducibly complex. It is as simple as that and why you were lying on air when you were confronted with this same fact. Are you new at this?

Arkalogik wrote:Things mutate and lose information all the time and evolutionists call it evolving...this is how bacteria become immune to some antibiotics....because they lose information..they do not gain some new power to fight off the anitbiotic they lose information that the antibody cannot grab onto...it is like saying that the police are handcuffing everyone who has hands but because you don't have hands you are more evolve...you may be better off for not being handcuffed but you are not better off in the long run having no hands...mutations will revert back to the original design..the opposite of evolution. The facts show that the original Creation was even more complex than today and things have gotten worse through mutations over time...


:facepalm:

Wow, you must be new at this. You do not know the first thing about mutations. However, before we can go anywhere passed this, you must define information for us. Because I can show for any of the types of mutations, depending on the definition of information that you use, how any of them can be an example of new information.

Arkalogik wrote:Ken Miller has no expertise in this motor, unlike Scott Minnich who refuted his claims. Miller claimed that the flagellum evolved from a secretory apparatus, but Minnich showed that in reality, the type-III secretory apparatus (TTSS) must have devolved from the flagellum (a more complex structure), if one did arise from the other. Note also, it is not a fallacious argument to appeal to a genuine authority, as Minnich is, on the flagellum.


Again, no. You simply do not understand the argument put forth. As I already stated it does not matter which came first, you were arguing that the bacterial flagellum was irreducibly complex. Both Miller and Minnich agree that it is not, thus why are you still arguing that it is when the authority you cited does not agree with your argument?

Oh, and for the record, I love hip hop and rap. I do like your sound, but your lyrics are terrible as Inferno pointed out.
_BONES AND FOSSILS = LOVE_
(_'--------------------'_)
(_.--------------------._)
Tue May 14, 2013 3:16 am
YIM WWW
he_who_is_nobodyBloggerUser avatarPosts: 1831Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:36 amLocation: Albuquerque, New Mexico Gender: Male

Post Re: Creation based Hip Hop music

Arkalogik wrote: One of the scientists who has done the most detailed research into this subject is the Israeli biophysicist Lee Spetner, who is also known for his book Not by Chance published in 1997.


Biophysicist you say. Weird, because that is not how his CV reads to me. According to Wikipedia Dr. Spetner received a BS in mechanical engineering and a Ph.D in physics. I wonder where the bio comes from because it appears his education is in physics only.

Furthermore, not sure how much stock you want to put into Spetner. Just reading the badly quoted section you provided, one can easily tell that Spetner does not know the first thing about mutations or biology. In addition, Wikipedia also says that he claimed Archaeopteryx (as if there was only one) was a fraud, and he subscribes to Lamarckian-like microevolution. Just from that, I can safely say this man knows nothing about biology. Perhaps you should find a better authority to argue from.
_BONES AND FOSSILS = LOVE_
(_'--------------------'_)
(_.--------------------._)
Tue May 14, 2013 4:35 am
YIM WWW
mick1le2pickUser avatarPosts: 104Joined: Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:42 am

Post Re: Creation based Hip Hop music

Protip: Don't say "evolutionist" that's bound to annoy someone.
Tue May 14, 2013 9:28 am
ProlescumWebhamsterUser avatarPosts: 4737Joined: Thu Dec 31, 2009 7:41 pmLocation: Peptone-upon-Sores

Post Re: Creation based Hip Hop music

Holy Thor that website is an eyesore!

Also, lyric PDFs? Dude... come on.

Let's take a crack at these lyrics.

DIG wrote:DIG TO REVEAL THE ROOTS OF TECHNOLOGY
DIG TO SEPARATE TRUTH FROM MYTHOLOGY


Oh lordy. Are you taking credit for agricultural societies now?

DIG TO UNVEIL A MODERN DAY MYSTERY
THIS COULD CHANGE THE COURSE OF HUMAN HISTORY


It is a complete mystery to me why people use this tired trope in songs; it's as if they all believe imagination is a hindrance.
I realise that those two words rhyme with little else, but couldn't you be bothered to look up a synonym and make an effort? Conundrum. See? I didn't even blink.

HAVE YOU HEARD OF THE FLAGELLUM?
A NATURAL ENGINE POWERED BY A PROTON MEDIUM
IT’S A MOTORIZED BACTERIUM
THAT ROTATES UP TO 100,000 RPM
THAT’S ROTATIONS PER MINUTE
AND IT CAN INSTANTLY REVERSE WE MAKE NOTHING EQUIVALENT


Is that 'posed to be a point against evolutionary consensus?
Pa-ha-ha-ha! "You can't do it, therefore Jesus!"

ONE MILLIONTH OF AN INCH IN DIAMETER
EVERY THING MAN MADE IS INFERIOR


I'm pretty sure a flagellum can't draw the goddam Batman,
Unless you have the wherewithal to show you're not a madman.

TO THIS SUPERIOR TECHNOLOGY


*KKKkkkk*
The buzzer's broken, but contestant number 4 wants to let you know that a flagellum isn't "technology".

SEE THE HANDIWORK OF GOD


Unqualified statements that don't require graft,
are easy to construct but why? You know it's bloody daft...

IN MOLECULAR BIOLOGY
IRREDUCIBLY COMPLEX
IF ANY ONE PARTS REMOVED IT WOULD NOT EXIST


:lol:

Dude, I'm so bloody far ahead o'ya...
"Someone give this chap a link to Wik-fucking-ipedia."

ANALOGOUS TO A MOUSETRAP IT CANNOT
SNAP WITHOUT CORRESPONDING PARTS THAT REACT
NO TRANSITION COULD SURVIVE TRANSFORMATION
MUTATIONS GAIN NO GENETIC INFORMATION


Jesus Christ, my fucking lungs, I'm suffering convulsions,
the laughter coming out my mouth is covered in expulsions.

DIG
TO REVEAL THE ROOTS OF TECHNOLOGY
DIG TO SEPARATE TRUTH FROM MYTHOLOGY
DIG TO UNVEIL A MODERN DAY MYSTERY
THIS COULD CHANGE THE COURSE OF HUMAN HISTORY


:facepalm:

SPEAK THE LANGUAGE OF GENETIC CODE
EXPLORE THE PROGRAMMED SEQUENCE OF THE HUMAN GENOME
MORE IMPRESSIVE AND PERPLEXING THAN EXPECTED
LIKE HIEROGLYPHICS READ BY A DYSLEXIC


More offensive and perplexing than expected,
Perhaps it's why these lyrics are ridiculed and rejected...

CAN WE UNDERSTAND THE BRAINS INNER DYNAMICS
TRAIN A DOG TO BE AN AUTO MECHANIC
BECAUSE THAT’S A GOOD ANALOGY
NEVER BEGIN TO IMAGINE ALL THE DEPTHS OF HIS MAJESTY


The analogy is really bad, I'd smash it all to fragments,
If I thought it was worth my time to explain fucking magnets.

CREATED INSTANTLY AND MAGICALLY
THROUGH WHAT IS MADE WE EXAMINE DIVINE INGENUITY


Your assumption here is quite transparent,
That "what is made" is by the heir apparent.

FROM THE HANDS OF THE MOST HIGH
FROM THE LAND TO THE SEA THE ENDS OF THE SKIES
IT BOGGLES MINDS WHAT CANNOT BE SEEN WITH THE NAKED EYE
LIKE THE GYROSCOPES IN A HOUSEFLY


{coda}I wonder why I sigh so high in the sky I fly and I try and I cry... {end coda}

LETS BIOMIMIC THESE AGILITIES
AND MAKE A JET PLANE THAT FLIES WITH THE SAME CAPABILITIES


No, let's learn proper Christian grammar,
You be the nail and I'll be the hammer.

DIG TO REVEAL THE ROOTS OF TECHNOLOGY
DIG TO SEPARATE TRUTH FROM MYTHOLOGY
DIG TO UNVEIL A MODERN DAY MYSTERY
THIS COULD CHANGE THE COURSE OF HUMAN HISTORY


Rinse/Repeat

READ MY DNA SEQUENCE IF YOU CAN THEN YOU
UNDERSTAND IM PROGRAMMED TO BRING THIS


I think you misunderstand how this shizzle works,
DNA does not encode for idiosyncratic quirks.

TAKE A TRIP INSIDE MY HELIX AS I GUIDE YOU
WE SPIRAL TO THIS BEAT FROM GENETIX


I've read most of Asterix, but don't recognise him
There's a fat guy Obelix whose mind is sadly somewhat dim

STICK TO YOUR BRAIN LIKE THE SURFACE GECKO FOOT
REVERBERATE AND PULSATE LIKE AN ECHO WOULD


Echos don't pulsate, old chap, for that would be quite strange
They reverberate, right enough, as vibrations are exchanged

PREDESTINATED PROTOPLASM BREATHING BIONICS
ATOMIC PARTICLES VIBRATE AND SPASM
HARNESS THE POWER OF ELECTRONS TO MICROSCOPE
OUT THE PROOF ANALYZE LIKE JIMMY NEUTRON
CURIOUS HOMOSAPIEN
OBSERVE THIS WORLD THROUGH THE EYES OF AN ALIEN
MOVING LIKE ROBOTIC AUTOMATONS
DESIGNED LIKE ROBOTRON
WE ARE MECHANICAL PHENOMENONS


Dribble dribble dribble, coo.

DIG TO REVEAL THE ROOTS OF TECHNOLOGY
DIG TO SEPARATE TRUTH FROM MYTHOLOGY
DIG TO UNVEIL A MODERN DAY MYSTERY
THIS COULD CHANGE THE COURSE OF HUMAN HISTORY


Wow.

Sorry to say this, but it's dreadful. This is insulting to the music buying public (i.e. me).



Edit: Oh yeah, Creation science isn't a thing. Well, it's a thing in the same sense as the Pink Panther is a thing...
if constructive debate is allowed to progress, better ideas will ultimately supplant worse ideas.

Comment is free, but facts are sacred
Thu May 16, 2013 6:14 pm
he_who_is_nobodyBloggerUser avatarPosts: 1831Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:36 amLocation: Albuquerque, New Mexico Gender: Male

Post Re: Creation based Hip Hop music

Aw snap Arkalogik!

Image


In addition, I believe this is appropriate.



:lol:
_BONES AND FOSSILS = LOVE_
(_'--------------------'_)
(_.--------------------._)
Thu May 16, 2013 6:41 pm
YIM WWW
Gnug215ModeratorUser avatarPosts: 2198Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 9:31 pm

Post Re: Creation based Hip Hop music

You know...

Rhyming, as far as I've been informed, was originally "invented" as a trick to help people better memorize stories/songs/whatever back in the days before writing (well, even up to the days before it became prevalent in the whole population).

The fact that this little "memory trick" has been lifted up to an "art form" is a bit silly.

With that said, I'm sorry, but I have to say that ALL the rhyming presented in this thread (even that video) were horrible.

Just thought I'd share a little of my inner sunshine there. :)
- Gnug215

YouTube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/Gnug215


The horse is a ferocious predator.
Thu May 16, 2013 8:08 pm
ArkalogikPosts: 4Joined: Mon May 13, 2013 5:53 pm Gender: Male

Post Re: Creation based Hip Hop music

:shock: Thanks for the honest feedback! Maybe check out our website and our videos and see what most people think about our music. www.destinylab.com Whether you like it or not music is a powerful tool to speak truth.....not just negativity like most rap. We ask the listener live examining questions that demand answers...our music convicts the listener....that may be why it upsets many of you. This will be my last post on this site....I am only open to honest discussions....not childish name calling.
Fri May 17, 2013 1:52 am
ProlescumWebhamsterUser avatarPosts: 4737Joined: Thu Dec 31, 2009 7:41 pmLocation: Peptone-upon-Sores

Post Re: Creation based Hip Hop music

Arkalogik wrote::shock: Thanks for the honest feedback! Maybe check out our website and our videos and see what most people think about our music.


I did check out your website, or didn't you read my post? I lost a retina to that thing.

I don't care what others think of it, I am not swayed by mass opinion (assuming there is a mass - big assumption there). Nor do I think much of yours, as promoted in your music.

What exactly did you expect when you came here? Praise? This site isn't for the promulgation of nonsense, and certainly not creationist gibberish.

Whether you like it or not music is a powerful tool to speak truth


Possibly, but there's no "truth" to anything I've read in your music, just some barely coherent ramblings with pretensions toward profundity.

not just negativity like most rap.


"Most" rap isn't negative, that's just what folks with agendas say. Also, those ignorant of a vast and varied genre. Which is quite funny, really.

We ask the listener live examining questions that demand answers


:lol: Spouting creationist propaganda is hardly asking live (?) examining questions that demand answers. Quite the opposite, actually: It's proselytising, plain and simple.

our music convicts the listener


No, it insults the listener by assuming they're idiots, rubes and/or morons.

that may be why it upsets many of you.


It's not upsetting, as I said, it's insulting. Not that I expect you to pay any attention to criticism; creationists rarely do. It's why they vomit the same debunked waffle over and over as if repetition increases its validity.

This will be my last post on this site


Of course it will be... Your music is being criticised, and you clearly can't handle divergent points of view.

Oh wait, aren't we the ones (heathens) you're trying to impress your views upon?

I am only open to honest discussions


So you're saying my views are dishonest? Why ask us for feedback if you're just going to ignore it or dismiss it?

Wait, didn't you just thank me for honest feedback?

What?

It seems apparent to me that you cannot handle criticism of your work, which speaks volumes about the strength of your arguments.

not childish name calling.


...but you just called me dishonest! Besides, who called you names?

This looks like an excuse to avoid some live examining questions that demand answers.
if constructive debate is allowed to progress, better ideas will ultimately supplant worse ideas.

Comment is free, but facts are sacred
Fri May 17, 2013 6:26 am
Gnug215ModeratorUser avatarPosts: 2198Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 9:31 pm

Post Re: Creation based Hip Hop music

Arkalogik wrote::shock: Thanks for the honest feedback! Maybe check out our website and our videos and see what most people think about our music. http://www.destinylab.com Whether you like it or not music is a powerful tool to speak truth.....not just negativity like most rap. We ask the listener live examining questions that demand answers...our music convicts the listener....that may be why it upsets many of you. This will be my last post on this site....I am only open to honest discussions....not childish name calling.



Well, that is disappointing.

Not for us, and not because this is your last post on this site, considering what you have made of it so far, but rather that you are squandering the opportunity to defend yourself, which you made a big deal about in your first post.

Also disappointing is the fact that you have made a big deal of advertising for your music. This is disappointing in two ways:
Firstly, because your stay here has now pretty much amounted to a lowly hit-and-run advertisment.

And secondly, because it almost seems as if you are laboring under the massive misconception that this music might actually interest us - if only we gave it a chance. Or maybe you even think it would "convict" us?

If so, are you kidding me?

Did I not tell you in my first post that neither your message nor the style of music you employ would really interest anyone here?
And are you REALLY kidding me with the part about convincing? Do you honestly think that your message is convincing to people who are properly informed about evolution? That is a most laughable suggestion, but even more laghauble is this bit: "that may be why it upsets many of you."
Oh, sure, we're just silly God-denying evolutionists, who get upset when we hear clever, intelligent truths from the likes of you. Is that what you're actually telling yourself??

The fact that you make a point about music being a powerful tool makes you seem... somewhat disingenuous, since you have also been talking about convincing people. You're preaching with your music, pure and simple. And while you think you're preaching the truth, well, many people (including, btw, almost the entire scientific community) disagree with you on that being the truth. There is also a fair bit of arrogance in there, if you ask me.

Then you end it all by going all martyrish, with the "honest discussion" and "name calling". Did I not tell you in my first post that it was your prerogative to ignore people who posted to you?
Don't act as if you didn't have honest, proper and name-calling-less replies as well.

Anyway, I suppose this is in vain, since you're not coming back, it seems.

Goodbye.
- Gnug215

YouTube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/Gnug215


The horse is a ferocious predator.
Fri May 17, 2013 7:15 am
australopithecusAdministratorUser avatarPosts: 4116Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2009 8:27 pmLocation: Snozzle, Kernow Gender: Time Lord

Post Re: Creation based Hip Hop music

If the guy wants (more) honest feedback then I'll oblige.

You continue to assert irreducibly complexity of the bacterial flagellum, despite the fact that it's not irreducibly complex, and has been evidenced so (as demonstrated by Inferno and HWIN). Repeating debunked claims does not make them more valid, regardless of whether they're set to music or not. You claim you want to ask questions? Fine. Ask questions. But that's not what you've done here, you're asserting, not questioning.

You've asserted irreducible complexity, and you've asserted this can only be the work of God. Now it's established it's not irreducibly complex, so that makes the second assertion useless bias mongering. Believe in any god you want, but don't be dishonest and claim things that aren't true in order to support that claim.

Now I'm sorry of you don't like people pointing out flaws in your argument, but that's what happens when you make flawed arguments. Perhaps thicker skin and a propensity to research before commenting would help?
Image
Fri May 17, 2013 10:56 am
he_who_is_nobodyBloggerUser avatarPosts: 1831Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:36 amLocation: Albuquerque, New Mexico Gender: Male

Post Re: Creation based Hip Hop music

Arkalogik wrote::shock: Thanks for the honest feedback! Maybe check out our website and our videos and see what most people think about our music. http://www.destinylab.com Whether you like it or not music is a powerful tool to speak truth.....not just negativity like most rap. We ask the listener live examining questions that demand answers...our music convicts the listener....that may be why it upsets many of you. This will be my last post on this site....I am only open to honest discussions....not childish name calling.


Well that was disappointing. :(

Twice in a matter of a few days (once here and once on Dogma Debate), your error was pointed out to you and twice you refused to admit to this error. You even know why your argument is wrong, as I pointed out, yet you still cling to it. In science, once a hypothesis is shown to be wrong, it is discarded.

Nevertheless, if you ever do wish to have an honest discussion about creation/evolution, this forum will always be open to you. And, I will be right there to correct all the errors you have about evolution.
_BONES AND FOSSILS = LOVE_
(_'--------------------'_)
(_.--------------------._)
Fri May 17, 2013 3:11 pm
YIM WWW
Post new topic Reply to topic  Page 1 of 1
 [ 18 posts ] 
Return to Online Video

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests